Help with a fast-paced manchester united tactic

mck8891

Reaction score
Hi there guys, I have just started a Manchester United save on FM16, and I'm having a bit of trouble with tactics.

Basically I want to create a tactic similar to Sir Alex Ferguson's style, where my team breaks very quickly, preferably down the wings, but also bringing my AP (Rooney) into play.

For my away tactic I want a similar tactic, but just a bit more cautious. I would like to dominate, but not be so attacking.

First screenshot is my home tactic, second is my away.

Any help would be great.

PS: Do I have to play direct football to play fast paced football?

View attachment 217342View attachment 217341View attachment 217340View attachment 217339

Not necessarily. Are you looking to play high tempo football then?

Yes, similar to how Dortmund play really, when I get the ball I want to move it around quickly, opening up spaces. I feel like I have the players to do so. Also, breaking quickly is essential

Well then Tempo is what you're looking for. It dictates how long players will have the ball before having to make a decision with it. A lower tempo will see them hanging onto the ball, with a lot of time to make decisions. A higher tempo gives them less time to make decisions but harder for the opposition to catch them in possession.

And since I think it works where tempo is only an issue when you have possession, you might want a counter/press type tactic with high tempo?