Help with a tact - Dominating but can't score goals

SHAFTPT

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im getting in trouble with my 4-2-3-1 tactic at Liverpool. I finally get to create a tactic that is my image of the game, but the team keeps not scoring goals and concending many goals in those games.

I use a 4-2-3-1 system, with many possession, extremely good passing but still can't score. I think it's safe to say that i get FMed so many times.
View attachment 139132View attachment 139131View attachment 139130View attachment 139129View attachment 139128

In 30 premier league games i scored 70 goals and conceded 34, so i see that defense is a problem, but i dominate every single game, even with teams with the same level as mine. With the opportunities that my team creates i should be able to smash 70% of the games. Almost every goal i concede its in large crosses and passes behind the defense.

Please help me.

View attachment 139127

Last edited:
First of all, Liverpool dont play with 2 Ball Playing Defenders. Sakho is more suitable for CD/LD-Stoper in my opinion.
I will try to get into your tactic in game tomorrow and try to improve that for you. =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for the TI, the width should be more wider and increase the tempo. Try if this help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one of your IF maybe Gabriel Barbosa should on attack duty so he con go into box and find room to score more often and Emre Can is better to play as an BWM/Box to Box midfielder. Good tactic by the way, Good Luck!

I don't really see why you need help, you're second with a squad that isn't the second best in the league and in 30 games you've scored more than Liverpool did all last season IRL! The two results you posted are annoying but you're not being 'FMed', that's just football - the better team doesn't always win. That being said, one way I found helps with conceding goals from crosses is by playing a slightly higher D line and by playing wider. In one of my saves I was conceding at least a goal a game from crosses that my defenders simply didn't defend, but when I made these changes it definitely helped.

Also don't forget that you're playing with two WBs on attack, their default positions both with and without the ball are going to be high up the pitch, leaving you open to being exploited down the flanks. Depending on the quality of the opposition, perhaps changing their duties to support would help, or even getting your AMR and AML to man mark the opposition wingers, although obviously both of these will take away from your attacking intent, so maybe only doing this against teams of equal strength may be beneficial.

Seems like you're doing a good job though, I wouldn't change too much

I understand what you are trying to do here. Although your tactic is a little too narrow for my liking. Have you thought about adding width a little. Maybe also add more attacking depth as you 3 attacking midfiedlers are on the same line This is a great tutorial for attacking depth.

[video=youtube;dsI7bEij0pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsI7bEij0pY[/video]