LeicesterBran

Reaction score
Ok, so I am doing a save with Liverpool and downloaded a summer 2014 transfer update from the Steam Workshop. And obviously Adam Lallana, is now a Liverpool player.

But, the problem with him is that he seems very uninterested and was getting any crosses into the box. I play him as Winger with support duties btw and after telling to improve his performances he hasn't improved. Is it due to the fact he was injured twice, in my save ? And I am currently in November 2013. Should I threaten to place him on the loan list if he fails to improve ?

Thanks

In a new save, it's never a good idea to get on the bad side of your players. They react badly to criticism like 90% of the time.
Either be patient with him, play with personal instructions in order to suit his style (preferred moves, attributes), or simply drop him. The second option works in the case of some players. You have options to replace him, so it shouldn't be a tragedy.

Ok, so I am doing a save with Liverpool and downloaded a summer 2014 transfer update from the Steam Workshop. And obviously Adam Lallana, is now a Liverpool player.

But, the problem with him is that he seems very uninterested and was getting any crosses into the box. I play him as Winger with support duties btw and after telling to improve his performances he hasn't improved. Is it due to the fact he was injured twice, in my save ? And I am currently in November 2013. Should I threaten to place him on the loan list if he fails to improve ?

Thanks

In my Southampton save, I originally played 4-5-1 Assymetric and found that even though Lallana was listed primarily as a No.10, he was actually better playing as a right-sided Winger_Attack - with instructions to GET TO BYLINE, CROSS TO FAR POST, MORE RISKY PASSES - or as a Wide Midfielder_Support on the left hand side, with licence to CUT INFIELD, DRIBBLE MORE and SIT NARROWER.

He did get injured a lot, though, and eventually lost his place to Jonjo Shelvey. He retired at age 30 when his contract ran out, having never played for England - so I think he was a little under-rated in the game, with FM14 having come out just before the man himself really stepped up a level with The Saints under Pochettino last season.

I didn't do it at the time, but nowadays when I have a wide man cutting infield I always have the full-back on Attack duty so he can overlap down the wing. With your Wide Midfielder sitting narrower, he will play the full-back in and then get himself into the area for anything dropping around the near post channel - even while on Support duty.

With those same Player Instructions, Lallana could also operate as a right-footed Inside Forward_Support from the AM_L position, with an overlapping Full-Back_Attack down that side. I have the Croatian Karlo Lulic doing that for me now when I play my 4-2DM-1-2-1 formation, with Luke Shaw providing that attacking width; it works very well.

Last edited: