nihatek

Reaction score
Hi,

i realized that yesterday was so much expected patch that just changed ME, but unfortunately my problems are still persisting, so i am doing something really badly.

First of all - i play for Brno or Zilina, i tried kolfolks Goals Galore, Might and Magic from Raikan, some other "exploit" tactics 4-1-1-3-1. But there were not results i expected and in all cases teams underperformed either heavily or just fullfiled its role in the league and similar result will be with default tactics. Currently thinking about trying to play with Trencin

I got several problems and probably tweaking to my team is not my strongest part.

With Zilina i have problem, that on one side (league, FA cup) i am supposed to be heavy favourite for everything, while in European competion i am just total underdog. There is also problem, that when i adjust wage slider i will have 2,5k Euro free for tranfers - so maybe one or two free agents. All tactics i tried failed particulary in attack - there is several types of strikers and i had to change roles when i was rotating them - and have not done any good, as well as i have to left some play so i will sell them for good price.

With Brno i just get one good striker and others are just so medicore, i am not able to move slider with wages - so i am not able to trade anyone - maybe sign one or two players as free agents.

I am currently thinking that i will be trying to fulfill achievement where you have to go from league 4 to league 1 and win it i think.

So i am looking for tactics is defensive and counter and does not have ridiculous requirement from players (like pace-y defenders with pace 13 while still have good tacklikng, marking etc, inside forwards (i love inside forwards, but when you got 100k transfer budget it is impossible to find 2-3 players suitable for that with opposite leg using) and that will scale when i get better players for the role. Balance between number of strikers, midfielders, defenders will be great - so please recommend me something.

I am just envying you your situation where you are playing with good players and you post underdog strategy where you are showing how well your tactics work (eg. Wolves in UK) - i dont have luxury of that good players. I am striving and trying to fight with that, but nothing is actually working for me well so i am getting desperate. And no - i can play with teams like Real Madrid or Man U. even Sampdoria is too far for me. I want to build something from the ground.

I am trying to investigate player roles, playstyles so i can create my own and working, but i am not there yet.

Thank you for hearing, thank you for feedback.

Nihatek

My best tip would be the following

Flood the midfield

- This way, using at least 3 central midfielders ( MC, Mc, AMC perhaps ?), you are able to keep a tight formation against better teams...and...combat defensive opponents that too will flood the midfield. Why not a 4411

Lots of movement from deep

- When playing against lesser teams, I woud make sure that both fullbacks as well as one deeper MC moves upfield more often and have one attacker, AMC move into channels to open up space and have the other stay put.

Strategy & Phil

- Why not opt for using Control and Counter. Control when playing against lesser teams, using overlaps and exploit the flanks and Counter against better teams, using possession based shouts to keep the ball but still be able to make quick breaks when the chance is on

Maybe you should consider what i have figured for after reading 10000 posts here:

- You you have similar players for each position or you have to change your tactic accordingly to their skills.
- You have to see the game and check where the team if failing and try to see if its the player or the instructions
- Player morale affects much more here than in 12
- Being big team at home and underdog in europe is not bad since you can rest your best players for the big matches. In the EPL that's no possible every time.
- If you are trying to raise those teams to be big in Europe... well... you just have to sell your best players, buy young kids, raise them to stars, sell them, buy more kids, sell them, and so on until you have the money to keep them or to buy star players so you can fight against the sharks. I have tried that with Benfica in 12 and it took me 5 years to do so, imagine with your teams.

My advice for you, if you want it, ofc, is to be patient. Win domestic, sell star players and try to reach the best in Europe (for the money and rep). Maybe after 7 seasons you can win ECL

Maybe you should consider what i have figured for after reading 10000 posts here:

- You you have similar players for each position or you have to change your tactic accordingly to their skills.
- You have to see the game and check where the team if failing and try to see if its the player or the instructions
- Being big team at home and underdog in europe is not bad since you can rest your best players for the big matches. In the EPL that's no possible every time.
- If you are trying to raise those teams to be big in Europe... well... you just have to sell your best players, buy young kids, raise them to stars, sell them, buy more kids, sell them, and so on until you have the money to keep them or to buy star players so you can fight against the sharks. I have tried that with Benfica in 12 and it took me 5 years to do so, imagine with your teams.

My advice for you, if you want it, ofc, is to be patient. Win domestic, sell star players and try to reach the best in Europe (for the money and rep). Maybe after 7 seasons you can win ECL

Quick react:
- i am patient, just first two season are just pain in the *** and it helps when you got some kind of general tactics that works, after that i can try to make my mind and start buying kid for position.
- yes - i have valuable players 400k and such, but i want to sell them good - so they have to play in order to make someone interested.
- actually you may think that you may rest your best players - for example - with Zilina in EURO league i am on second place in group stage and at domestic league i am at 7th - thats alarming. (will have to restart)
- yeah - last year i played for Brno (started in 2nd league) i played 19 season until i won Champions cup - Raikans great tactic with my favourite inside forwards and counter mentality - lots of fun with that.

Again - problem is not plan, but tactics, because i am just not able to find the one that will work for that crapy teams i am playing with.

My best tip would be the following

Flood the midfield

- This way, using at least 3 central midfielders ( MC, Mc, AMC perhaps ?), you are able to keep a tight formation against better teams...and...combat defensive opponents that too will flood the midfield. Why not a 4411

Lots of movement from deep

- When playing against lesser teams, I woud make sure that both fullbacks as well as one deeper MC moves upfield more often and have one attacker, AMC move into channels to open up space and have the other stay put.

Strategy & Phil

- Why not opt for using Control and Counter. Control when playing against lesser teams, using overlaps and exploit the flanks and Counter against better teams, using possession based shouts to keep the ball but still be able to make quick breaks when the chance is on

I like where this is heading - i have similar idea, but i was not sure about control/counter play as well as how to set up player orders defensive line etc. I will try to prepare it and then i post it here.

To the tactics - thanks for lots of thought - with you i will try to do it like this:
GK, 2xFB, DC -stopper, DC-defend
anchor man
BWM, DLP, AP (all MCs)
IF (little to the other sice AMC)
Poacher in attack
Man marking, hard tackling

What about passing style and play style? More rigid, or fluid, balanced - i am lost here?

Last edited:
I like where this is heading - i have similar idea, but i was not sure about control/counter play as well as how to set up player orders defensive line etc. I will try to prepare it and then i post it here.

To the tactics - thanks for lots of thought - with you i will try to do it like this:
GK, 2xFB, DC -stopper, DC-defend
anchor man
BWM, DLP, AP (all MCs)
IF (little to the other sice AMC)
Poacher in attack
Man marking, hard tackling

What about passing style and play style? More rigid, or fluid, balanced - i am lost here?

I would go for Balanced. Normal passing and then let the shouts do the rest ( like retain possession when wanting to play more compact in a slower tempo with shorter passing and get ball forward when wanting to do the opposite) start with those shouts until learning when to use them. After that, you can combine them with " hassle " or drop deeper, or pass to feet/ into space

Oh, don't tweak any sliders manually , just stick with the TCreator. You will be surprised how well it works now.

Last edited:
Regarding Roles

- start from the back. If having a poor player, then he needs some defensive support from his teammate in a strata above.
- use your players to their strength and change roles depending on how your are using.
- find a balance between attack and defense.. And most importantly, use players moving between the lines. One FC that drops deep and one MC getting forward, one sitting deeper.

Thanks a lot for your advices. I will report after i finish this season....

Another question - is it worth buying kids when i dont get that good trainers and facilities?

hey mate. to have a beter grasp and understanding of the theory behind the tactic creator, the strategy's, style's, roles and duties available and how to use them together, i went back and read the Tactical Theorems and Frameworks for FM10 (first FM where TC was implemented). It doesnt apply specifically to this ME, but i found the theory behind it very helpfull. I have the link where you can download it from, but its from an opposing site so im not sure if i can post it. If you're interested in having a read, let me know and i'll message the link to you privately, or just browse on google for it.

EDIT: actually found it here on fm-base: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2010-tactics/22250-tactical-theorems-10-a.html

Last edited:
Regarding Roles

- start from the back. If having a poor player, then he needs some defensive support from his teammate in a strata above.
- use your players to their strength and change roles depending on how your are using.
- find a balance between attack and defense.. And most importantly, use players moving between the lines. One FC that drops deep and one MC getting forward, one sitting deeper.

Hello,

i made up tactics - 4-1-3-1-1 - i started it mid season -great with counter, great with def/contain in the end. I climbed up from 14th place since started using to 10th (out of 16). Pretty nice results - mix of wins and loses, several draws also. My team was one of the weakest - so pretty impressive, because that rubbish is just so hard to play with.

I strengten several areas (new fullback, CD and new 14-15 year old def midfielder) - after half of the season i am sitting nice on 5th spot and that is just great.

But i got problems with scoring - no matter the approach - i got one great poacher, one young candidate (much lower skills) and both are struggling. Inside forward is not shooting much goals either. Most goals are from my MC line. Just my attacks has ratings around 6,1-6,6 all the time and i am not able to set it up so they have better support for playing - so they have better ratingd

My tactics is in moderation queue - after that i will post link here. I thought poacher will be great for this game. Maybe more direct passing. Dunno.

I will appretiate any tips.