broughton88

Reaction score
can anyone help i have brought balotelli. and he is struggeling to settle in. is it the formation im playing or does he just simply need time fiting in. im everton in my 5th season, and i play a 4-2-3-1 but wud like to play to upfrount, but wen i try a 4-2-2-2 it dont seem to work is he jsut as lethal on the wing or would he more dangerous as a striker. and what instrctions should i give him. please help

Mario plays best as a striker.

Forward Runs/ Mixed or Often
Run with ball/ Often
Long shot/ Mixed
Free role
and some creative freedom.

Oh its better to buy him in first season and train him

thanx pal. hope it works lol yea i know but i should off got him in the 1st season but i was reading and he never wanted to come and i was also busy building the defence and midfield for them lol then the everton job came up and i snaped it up lol who are tou on yor game m8

thanx pal. hope it works lol yea i know but i should off got him in the 1st season but i was reading and he never wanted to come and i was also busy building the defence and midfield for them lol then the everton job came up and i snaped it up lol who are tou on yor game m8

United(H)

he ahsn't ane xtraordinary long shot, train him to dribble in the middle and shoot with power, then crativity to the max and just watch.

Mario plays best as a striker.

Forward Runs/ Mixed or Often
Run with ball/ Often
Long shot/ Mixed
Free role
and some creative freedom.

Oh its better to buy him in first season and train him
See i don't understand that bit. Surely Free role should cancel out creative freedom. How can you have a free role and then limit how free that role is by restricting creative freedom?

free role is just that the player has always an attacking move in mind, that's what I understood anyway, and within this attcking mentality to the max he can have more or less creative freedom. Actually, ''free role'' woudl require a lot of creativity, and when you assign your free roles the main stat required is creativity.

Thats exactly what i said so thanks for repeating me. May be free role is clicked the creative freedom scale should be locked out. After all Free role means do as you please to influence the game.

huh didn't understand well sorry. Free role isn't you go in the pitch doing what you want, according to TTF it means that as soon as possible those players look for the goal or the killer pass, need to read ttf again.

As far as i understand Free Role allows him to sneak into spaces and make him self available for passes and through balls. Also it sometimes allow him to come to the midfield and get the ball.

After reading TTF my understanding was:
Free Role - More about positioning, he can roam around away from assigned position, less defensive responsabilities.
Creative Freedom - More about how much he can deviate from his set instructions (like pass type).

So a Free Role with low creative freedom would leave his position to find holes but sticks to the types of passes (ect) he's been to do.

Another example would be a deeplying playmaker, can give him creative freedom to do what he wishes with the ball, and with good decision making won't leave his position unless its a good option. Giving same player a free role and he's more likely to roam about ignoring fwd runs and the mentality assigned.

Last edited: