lfc2datop

Reaction score
Lately I've been playing my West Ham save, in 2016. For the last few seasons, I've been going ok, but my team seems to be a mainly cup-winning team. I've found that this is beacuse of how the season starts. The last 3 seasons i've come top 3 in the league, and what has cost me the title is that I always seem to lose in the first few matches. Even up against teams like Wolves and West Brom, who barley avoid relegation, I have draws and losses which frustrate me no end. Anyways, I was wondering if this slow starting thing has happened to anyone else, or if there is any way to get my team to win earlier games in the season. Attached is my line-up.

Maybe they are prepared enough from pre season ? Check their fitness and condition, arrange friendlies, and make sure they are all morally satisfied and that there is harmony in your club... cant think of anything else

Maybe they are prepared enough from pre season ? Check their fitness and condition, arrange friendlies, and make sure they are all morally satisfied and that there is harmony in your club... cant think of anything else

Tried all that, pre-season friendlies, all good with fitness, squad harmony is almost full. It has cost me winning the league the last 2 seasons, and my opening games have been against low teams that should have been easy 3 points.

I seem to have the opposite problem, I start and finish fast, but have a bad period through the middle. I think it is due to my smaller squad and the congested fixtures however.

Try a different tactic? If you've been using the same tactic for a number of seasons,there's always going to be some sort of complacency in it.

I had this with Blackburn in my 2nd season. Without my drop in form at the start, I probably would of finished 1st instead of 2nd.

Try playing 'rigid' at the start of the season if you've got quite a lot of new signings (e.g 4/5 new players in the start lineup) so it gives them an easier start getting used to each other. Using 'rigid' will give them a single job to do each, and when they look confident of doing that switch it to 'balanced' to give them a bit more freedom, and if they surpass that go 'fluid' and so on.

Hope that helps, I understand you're frustration, really is annoying.

Last edited: