giff1888

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the board! :D

I am currently in my second season with Celtic in the english premier league. After relative success in my first season (mid table finish) I decided to be a bit more ambitious and splash the cash on players who were going to take me to the next level.

I brought in Zapata, Yobo, Guti, Bojan to the already existing squad of talent including Boruc, Marquinhos, Nakamura and Rossi. At home i am not really having much problems, being able to beat all the teams outwith the top four but the big problem for my team is when I go away from home. I am defeated almost all occasions and usually by at least two goals. I have attached some screenies which I hope will help.

I am also conceding a lot of goals from long shots and set pieces.

Perhaps take the arrows off and play i diamond in midfield or maybe 2 attacking mid and one striker. Its a pretty strong team but you could do with more depth especially in defence.

Playing a DM and playing him deep would aslo cut the amount of long shotts beongs scored against you.

Last edited:
i do this too with celtic in EPL, SPL is boring same teams to many times plus no big player wants to take a step down in leagues but when in EPL you get them easy as league is higher rating and the money helps too

Just find it a bit more challenging and you can attract far better players to the club.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Thanks for this I'll have a go at that.

got Guti for 2.1 million halfway through first season he was on the transfer list. Zapata I had to pay 15 million for and Bojan I got on a free after Barca released him.