DG13

Reaction score
I have just started with a new league system in England and have a question about splitting the league structures.

The system I want in place is this:

X1
X2
X3
X4

splitting to

Y1 Z1
Y2 Z2
Y3 Z3
Y4 Z4

How do i ensure that the teams from Y2 get promoted to Y1, Y3 to Y2 Z3 to Z2 etc?

Do i have to have the leagues Y2, Y3 and Y4 set Y1 as the Parent competition? and have the Competition level set correct for each league in order for teams to get promoted/relegated correctly?

If not what do i need to do in order to be able to use this split structure.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

First off, create your 4 'parent' leagues X1, X2, X3 and X4.

Then your 8 'child' leagues Y1, Z1, Y2, Z2, Y3, Z3, Y4 AND Z4. Set the competition level to the right number if you like.

When you choose to add a new division to your nation rules, instead of selecting 'single division' pick the 'contains sub-divisions' option instead. On the next screen pick the X league (X1) from the drop down box. On the 3rd page, add the Y and Z leagues for that level (Y1 and Z1).

Under your divisions header in the left menu you'll now see X1 as an option. Expand this and you'll see a 'sub-divisions' header. Expand that and click on the general header for division Y1 or Z1. At the top, under the competition name are options for 'division for promoted teams' and 'division for relegated teams'. Pick the leagues you want them to move to at the next step.

Should get you where you want to be :)

Happy to help, i have a bit of time free this evening (27 May) so if you need a hand with specific problems, upload the file somewhere and i'll take a look.

I should be ok. If not I'll have to post later, it'll take me a while to go through setting it up I have 50 leagues and 11 cups to sort out.

Cheers anyway.