ossietheowl

Reaction score
So I'm working on making a united Cyprus database, whereby clubs from both sides of the border are now playing with each other in the same leagues and the refugee clubs have been moved back to their original cities (i.e. Anorthosi have now returned to Famağusta).

Anyway I had a thought that all the Youth Regens will still be ethnically Greek, and it wouldn't really make sense having a 'united Cyprus' db with Turkish Cypriot teams developing only Greek regens. Does anyone know how I might change this? I added Turkish as an official language but not sure what else might affect the ethnicity (e.g. name, face and language spoken) of a regen.

Thanks

Yeah I mean in the editor though - meaning I'd like Cypriot regens but ones that aren't solely Greek Cypriot (which they are at the moment) but that there are also some Turkish Cypriot ones (not Turkish regens). For example, that APOEL would have some regens called Papaioannou, Savvidis, Papadopoulos etc. but then they'd also have some (with the same Cypriot nationality) that were called Yilmaz, Sertoglu, Altay etc. and who speak Turkish as a first language instead of Greek.

This does happen in FM. In Israel there are both Jewish and Arab regens. They are all Israeli (no dual nationalities) except some have Jewish names (e.g. Ben Cohen) and others have Arab names (e.g. Salim Al-Qasim). The Jewish Israeli regens speak Hebrew as a first language with basic Arabic, and are usually white. Whereas the Arab Israelis speak Arabic as a first language with basic Hebrew, and have a middle-eastern complexion. This is what I'd like to emulate in Cyprus via the editor (just scouting Turkey to have Turkish regens isn't what I'm looking for).

Would you know how to do this in the editor though?

You wont be able to effect hte surnames but nationality you should be able to.

The only thing i can think of is to create a new nationality or have you tried one of the Cypriot league databases over at SI? there might be more info for you to have a look at in that. try the editors hideaway on si forum.