TZER

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had a severe problems controlling my players of late. They go badly into tackles and well.. they just play friggin' badly. Morale is at it's highest and we're up against a team which is similar to our own, we've won against them several times in the past. Our players are somewhat equal as well and might as well include that we're rivals. So these games I look forward to and as usual expect us to win (especially with home advantage).

The problem is that even WITH cautious tackling AND staying off opponents my players managed to get 20+ fouls, 4-5 yellow cards and the occasional red card. I've even tried individually telling them to tackle easily, this doesn't help.

The excessive fouling usually happens after I've scored a leading goal, maybe 5 in-game minutes later my morons (players) end up tackling the opponents to pieces in our own box and they end up getting penalties, this could range from 1-3 in one single game. Replacing these guys is easy, only problem is it doesn't stop! They've never played this badly before and I'm starting to lose it trying to figure this out. Nothing in my tactic, pre-talk or pitch talk tells my players to tackle like this.

It's even worse that I cannot enforce discipline training or something after games like this, I read in a thread somewhere that this is used when the players are badmouthing the referees constantly. Is that the only time when you can use it?

Just change your tackling to cautious, that usually sorts it out..

Make sure you do not have any combination of heavy pressing and rough tackling on. When pressing heavy, tackle easy and vice versa. If that isn't the case the only thing I can think of is that your players are getting a bit too carried away, which does tend to happen in rival matches.

Well as I said in the original post, I do have the team settings on cautious tackling and staying off the opponents. Which is why this baffles me, they still get waaay too many fouls. I knew rival matches were a little more intense, however i did not expect it to be this bad.