Help with Facepacks

leesmithyy99

Reaction score
i thought i would make a cutout for league two teams :) then i realised how hard it is this took me about half hour

JLvWD.png

so does anyone have any tips for cutting out :)

thankyou for your time

i use gimp as well but i use the eraser tool and the magic wand. If something has a multicoloured background then i tend to use the eraser until there is a little bit left around the outside and the get rid of it with the magic wand. Also if the background and shirt colour are too similar and the magic wand selects some of the face/shirt/hair then i use the eraser for the whold thing.
Hope that helps you :) also be patient, it might take a while but its better to have something that looks goodand takes 5 minutes more to do than a half hearted job.

EDIT: also don't start off trying to make a facepack, just do a few cutouts of players from teams that you support/ players you like/ easy pictures to cut out. then once you start to get better then try to make a facepack as you will be able to produce much better results...
as they say: practice makes perfect :)

Last edited:
i use gimp as well but i use the eraser tool and the magic wand. If something has a multicoloured background then i tend to use the eraser until there is a little bit left around the outside and the get rid of it with the magic wand. Also if the background and shirt colour are too similar and the magic wand selects some of the face/shirt/hair then i use the eraser for the whold thing.
Hope that helps you :) also be patient, it might take a while but its better to have something that looks goodand takes 5 minutes more to do than a half hearted job.

Thankyou :)' i learned how to get rid of the white background after 10 mins of trying :) thankyou for the advice mate :) i also use the rectangle tool