FCBPEP

Reaction score
hi here is my formation I am playing a 2-3-2-3 Rigid/Control style Can you recommend any tweaks I should make or tell me where I am going wrong with this tactic please?View attachment 253429

*all players are set to tight mark whether zonal or man marking along with hard tackling.

*the top 3 strikers are all set to maximum closing down, the two wider poacher strikers are set to man mark whilst the middle Advanced forward is set to zonal.

*the two AM supports are set to close down own half 1 notch before whole pitch! and there both set to mark zonallY.

*both full backs although attacking in nature are set to normal mentality and maximum run from deep along with hug touchline and man marking and both set to hold up ball.

*The anchor man is set to 2 notches defensive and 2 notches left from middle to own half and set to zonal mark.

*both CB's are set to 1 notch from defensive (Normal) mentality and both to act as cover for the wingbacks with the anchor man dropping in both CB's are set to zonal mark on tight and there closing down is bang in the middle.

Any comments, suggestions, or ideas on to how to improve this tactic please feel free to leave your opinion etc i'm very passionate about creating tactics although im no pro and do appreciate others feed back , cheers for now.

hi here is my formation I am playing a 2-3-2-3 Rigid/Control style Can you recommend any tweaks I should make or tell me where I am going wrong with this tactic please?View attachment 253429

*all players are set to tight mark whether zonal or man marking along with hard tackling.

*the top 3 strikers are all set to maximum closing down, the two wider poacher strikers are set to man mark whilst the middle Advanced forward is set to zonal.

*the two AM supports are set to close down own half 1 notch before whole pitch! and there both set to mark zonallY.

*both full backs although attacking in nature are set to normal mentality and maximum run from deep along with hug touchline and man marking and both set to hold up ball.

*The anchor man is set to 2 notches defensive and 2 notches left from middle to own half and set to zonal mark.

*both CB's are set to 1 notch from defensive (Normal) mentality and both to act as cover for the wingbacks with the anchor man dropping in both CB's are set to zonal mark on tight and there closing down is bang in the middle.

Any comments, suggestions, or ideas on to how to improve this tactic please feel free to leave your opinion etc i'm very passionate about creating tactics although im no pro and do appreciate others feed back , cheers for now.

Its impossible to say where you go wrong when you are using a formation that in theory should not work for any team in the world, not in real life or in FM. In FM though, it might work if you combine it with some illogical settings that makes you abuse the match engine. Here, its just trial and error but you will never ever actially know exactly why it works or what to tweak when you seem to struggle

You realistically have only 3 men defending at any time and that-coupled with a huge gap between your offensive and defensive lines is a recipe for disaster. The opponents will dominate the midfield as soon as they break your press (and all they have to do is pass it to the fullbacks to do so). They only possible way this could work-which is highly unlikely under any circumstance-is if your wide forwards man mark the opponents defenders, your ams man mark the opponents dms/cms and you place your wbs on defensive duty. Of course, the only reason this could possibly work is that it forces your players out of position and into a somewhat real formation.

Try a different formation out.

I suggest 4-1-2-1-2 with the defensive midfielder playing as an Anchor man.
Play with counter attacking set as your strategy and play with a slightly deep defensive line.
Make sure your play is Quick and Narrow.
This will allow the transition between your defensive midfielder through the midfield to striker much smoother and quicker.

Of course, the only reason this could possibly work is that it forces your players out of position and into a somewhat real formation.​

• hardware.gif