Help with GK IRL.

AdamArsenal

Reaction score
Hi,

I coach a u10's team and we are moving up to 11 aside next year.

However, I need help with my goalie, who last game gave the opposition 3 goals in a 4-3 defeat.

He seems to be scared by the ball and I need urgent assistance because he wants to continue to 11 aside which is obviously harder than 7 aside.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to improve his performance.

I can't replace him, as it is midway through the season, and I can't get rid of him because he is my only goalie...

Thanks.

Not that i'm discrediting this site or anything, but i'd suggest if you want real advice you should find a forum more suitable to coaching because you're more likely to get real advice rather than random opinions :)

Yeah there's a reason the majority of us play Football Manager the game and not Football Manager, the paid career.

We don't like pressure :)

I use to be a Goal Keeper and if he is suffering from lack of confidence, then this could take a while before he is diving all over the show.

I'd start of with side footing the ball to him, and in turn he has to block it. Then put on to his left, one to his right etc. Gradually kick the ball a little harder. Do this one on one with no distractions if possible.

Then, in training, once your confident that he is doing better, have the other kids take penalties against him. SLowly he should improve, but if he doesn't then, try playing him some where out on the pitch and put some other child in goal.

Hope this helps, not much

Last edited:
Hi,

I coach a u10's team and we are moving up to 11 aside next year.

However, I need help with my goalie, who last game gave the opposition 3 goals in a 4-3 defeat.

He seems to be scared by the ball and I need urgent assistance because he wants to continue to 11 aside which is obviously harder than 7 aside.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to improve his performance.

I can't replace him, as it is midway through the season, and I can't get rid of him because he is my only goalie...

Thanks.
see if any off your other players can be better in goal. with my old team we used to play dodgeball a lot to get used to the ball coming at you...

I use to be a Goal Keeper and if he is suffering from lack of confidence, then this could take a while before he is diving all of the show.

I'd start of with side footing the ball to him, and in turn he has to block it. Then put on to his left, one to his right etc. Gradually kick the ball a little harder. Do this one on one with no distractions if possible.

Then, in training, once your confident that he is doing better, have the other kids take penalties against him. SLowly he should improve, but if he doesn't then, try playing him some where out on the pitch and put some other child in goal.

Hope this helps, not much

Thanks! Will try this @ training tmz.