marabak

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know there isn't a plug and play tactic, but I am looking at ways to improve my main tactic, largely as every game has the same story to it.

I have a 4231 style tactic (see below) but I am having very inconsistent results with it. I am dominating teams in terms of shots, although the number of shots I have on target is atrocious with most shots coming from outside the box. I tried work into box, but that didn't increase my number of goals, just lowered my total number of shots. Then I concede to teams who have almost a 100% on target to goal ratio (last game to Levante I actually lost 2:1 with them only having one shot on target and the other an own goal).

My basic formation and shape is below, although I would usually play Ronaldo on the left as an IF attack and Bale as a winger support on the other side. Also, my striker's role is changed depending on partly who is playing and partly trial and error.

The logic of my tactic is based around a WB who is attacking, moving into the space created by the IF coming inside. On the other side, it is a traditional winger/fullback mix, with the winger having instructions to remain wide. The two CB are stopper/cover, with the stopper on the left to help cover the space left by the WBL. To help cover any space over this side of the pitch, I have an Anchor man (although I have also experimented with having a BWM on defend) paired with a registra on the right to help link up play. Then I have a midfielder just behind the striker, depending on who is playing they might be AP or AM etc.

View attachment 436874

Any ideas? I managed to squeeze 2nd in my first season with RM but only on goal difference and I had an incredibly poor second half to the season.

bring the amc down to CM as a BWM, turn the ST in a F9 and set the wingers to support and change them to IF, swap bale and ronaldo, if bale can play on the right, that is.

Last edited:
Thanks iota4u

Yeah, usually Bale is on the right, I was just trying something different in the last match.

I'll try dropping the AMC and changing the wingers etc. The biggest problem I have though is that I don't have a huge number of BWMs yet I have the likes of Isco, Modric and Jese I need to fit into my system. I might try similar but with either them playing as DLP or maybe AP

try and get benega, if you can, he's quite good

Alex Sandro as Complete Wing Back. Swap Sandro from anchor man to Dm. Ronaldo wide target man, Benzema complete forward support, Isco as Trequartista and Bale as IF attack. High tempo short passing.

Hey Marabak, I'm half way through a season with RMD myself, how many goals has Ronaldo got from the left?

I've been playing him as the lone striker and he's getting goals ok, but he's just shooting from long range 90% of the time from outside the box and in situations when it looks like he could run closer to goal...to the point I'm thinking of selling him at the end of the season or putting him on the left.

I did what iota suggested, only using an AP-attack instead of a BWM, and 3 wins out 3 so far, two 3-0 and a 5-1. Admittedly these were against Getafe, Elche and Espanyol, but far better than the 2:1 I had against Levante.

SMcManus84 said:
Hey Marabak, I'm half way through a season with RMD myself, how many goals has Ronaldo got from the left?

I've been playing him as the lone striker and he's getting goals ok, but he's just shooting from long range 90% of the time from outside the box and in situations when it looks like he could run closer to goal...to the point I'm thinking of selling him at the end of the season or putting him on the left.

I played him pretty much all season as IF at AML, usually on Attack. He ended up with 18 goals in 32 appearances (+ 2 subs), although admittedly most of these came from the first half of the season. Unfortunately, he had a few injuries towards the second half of the season and he never seemed to get back to his best after that. This season though, he is currently at 3 goals from 4 games, so I am hoping he might be back to his old self.

I totally agree at his long range shooting though, it is absymal and ridiculous how much he tries it. I've had games where according to the analysis afterwards he hasn't had a single shot from within the penalty area despite having upwards of ten shots himself

I did what iota suggested, only using an AP-attack instead of a BWM, and 3 wins out 3 so far, two 3-0 and a 5-1. Admittedly these were against Getafe, Elche and Espanyol, but far better than the 2:1 I had against Levante.

I played him pretty much all season as IF at AML, usually on Attack. He ended up with 18 goals in 32 appearances (+ 2 subs), although admittedly most of these came from the first half of the season. Unfortunately, he had a few injuries towards the second half of the season and he never seemed to get back to his best after that. This season though, he is currently at 3 goals from 4 games, so I am hoping he might be back to his old self.

I totally agree at his long range shooting though, it is absymal and ridiculous how much he tries it. I've had games where according to the analysis afterwards he hasn't had a single shot from within the penalty area despite having upwards of ten shots himself[/COLOR]

How to did you get on against Barca? The only games I've lost have been to them. Ronaldo has 28 in 25 for me so far, good but could be even better if he stopped shooting all the time!

I lost at the Nou Camp 2-0 and beat them at home 1-0. Although the home result had a sending off from each side so resulted in an interesting tactical battle :)

Hopefully I'll get those sort of figures out of him this season :D

I lost at the Nou Camp 2-0 and beat them at home 1-0. Although the home result had a sending off from each side so resulted in an interesting tactical battle :)

Hopefully I'll get those sort of figures out of him this season :D

I lost 2-0 at their ground but I had a lot of chances and should have scored, drew with them at their ground 1-1 in the cup but I should of won easy they were very lucky.....then they beat me 3-1 in the second leg...Messi!

who have you signed??

First season signings were a couple of youngsters, Balanta and Lewandowski in Jan, not much really.

Second season there was a bit more movement. Marcelo went to Spurs for ?20m and Khedira to PSG for ?15m, bringing in Sandro from Spurs for ?33m and Alex Sandro in for ?14.5m to replace them, alongside Romeu for ?8m and several other youngsters.

What role did you give Ronaldo as a striker? I might try him up there and see how he does.

What role did you give Ronaldo as a striker? I might try him up there and see how he does.

I been playing him as Trequartista he had a 5 star rating so I thought id go with it, It was choice between that and complete forward attack which was also 5 star. Going to try that next season.
Im playing a deep d line, quick tempo, wide and exploit flanks. I kind of sit back and when the ball is won launch quick attacks, many of them break down before they can get the ball to Ronaldo or the wide men but I keep going and a few chances will always pop up.
i wouldn't say it was pretty football.

Trequartistas re better in the AMC position, if a player has all the stats for Complete forward and to make it with out struggling, you -want- to make them a complete forward.

Hes playing in the STC position with basically everyone doing the dog work so he can do his own thing, and that position said they drift around looking for space to be effective in whilst not offering much in the way of defence, something like that, which is why I went with that role, only kept it because he was scoring most games.