duckers4

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am playing as Liverpool and I'm currently coming to the end of my 4th season as manager. I have won the FA Cup twice and the UEFA Cup in my time at the club and I have been fairly successful in cup competitions usually reaching the quarters/semis or even finals of competitions I havent managed to win. I finished 4th in the league in my first season and then 2nd in the last 2 seasons and I am on course to finish around about 3rd this time around. I set my targets as European qualification.
I have a fantastic team in my opinion and my formation seems to suit. My formation & team are as follows:
GK

RB(Automatic) RCB(Defensive) LCB(Defensive) LB(Automatic)

RCM(Centre Mid-Automatic) LCM(Ball Winning-Support)
CM(Advanced Playmaker-Attack)
RW(Winger-Attack) LW(Winger-Attack)
ST(Target Man-Attack)

Squad:
GK = Pepe Reina (1st choice & is a brilliant player)
Tyton (21 yrs old & a star of the future)
RB = Martin Kelly (Plays well for both club & country but has been sent off quite a few times)
Glen Johnson (Mostly play him at left back unless Kelly is injured/suspended)
LB = Ivan Marcano (bargain for what he does in the squad. Very reliable when asked to come in)
Danny Wilson (Just coming back from a 8 month injury but played well so far)
CB = Kader Mangane (Scores plenty & is a rock at the back)
Martin Skrtel (Average is always above 7 but does have a few hit or miss games)
Daniel Agger (Mostly plays due to injury or suspension. Plays OK when called upon)
Jamie Carragher (Reserve team player who is past his best but good for tutoring)
RCM = Ivan Rakitic (Great free transfer & can play in numerous positions)
Stevan Jovetic (Struggled at the start but slowly getting used to the Premiership)
CM = Ganso (Quality player & rejected some massive bids for him in the last window)
LCM = Steven Gerrard (Still quality but probably his last season as an automatic starter)
Jonjo Shelvey (Plays really well when brought in & should be starting next season)
RW = Mario Balotelli (Scores some important goals & attitude has been good so far)
Luis Suarez (Also play him up top when needed. He's a bit hit or miss)
Marko Marin (Signed in last window & showing signs of becoming a superstar)
LW = Neymar (Plays well most of the time but occassionally has a shocker)
Iker Muniain (Still young but paid big for him so hopefully see him improving next season)
Antonio Greissman (Just signed from City in last window, played OK so far but not a starter)
ST = Romelu Lukaku (My main man upfront & scores plenty, very rarely has an off day)

My problem is that even with what I think is a really good team I still cant win the league and I'm usually a fair few points behind either City or Arsenal who always seem to run away with it. I leave my match preparation to my assistant and I speak to players after a good/poor performance. All my players have got good morale and my coaches are some of the best on the game. I keep my 4-3-2-1 in 90% of my games and I do well against the big teams (apart from City who always hammer me) but poorly against the teams I should be beating 6 or 7 NIL.
I do sometimes change my formation by playing 2 upfront with a poacher like Neymar, Muniain or Suarez playing alongside Lukaku.

Has anyone got any ideas (primarily for next season as this season is a lost cause) on how I could bring consistency to my team and not get beaten by teams like Wolves or Aston Villa (who are in the relegation zone)? As many Liverpool fans will agree there is only 1 things we want and that is OUR league title back.
I see alot of people on here saying this game is easy when you play with a big team but I have consistently struggled in the league. Any help is much appreciated.

---------- Post added 08/04/2011 at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 07/04/2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

Sorry to give this a bump guys but I could really do with some suggestions here. Any suggestions will be greatly received.

Little bit disappointed not to get some feedback/suggestions on this one. I read alot of the posts on this forum and there seems to be alot of successful people playing the game, some even suggesting the game is easy.
Come on people, give me a bone to run with! :)

Its not that no one is looking at your thread but hardly anyone knows how to solve your problem i'm afraid :/

You could try a new tactic if you are that desperate to win the league.
And you should perhaps bring in defenders to strengthen your back 4 IMO.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and people who arent quite sure, I have done it. Probably my best acheivement in my FM career.
I have just completed the 2014/15 season as Champions of the English Premier League with Liverpool. In the opening post of this thread i was asking for ideas on how i could improve a brilliant team and increase consistency. Even though at the time i was gutted someone didnt give me any advice i am now glad you all didnt as i managed to do it on my own.

I've made a couple of changes from the squad i posted in the OP. I brought in a new sub keeper (regen) to replace Tyton who was sold for 12mil to Sevilla. I brought in Gareth Bale for my left back slot for 36mil. Sold Luis Suarez for 19mil to Benfica.
I'm still playing the same 4-3-2-1 formation and its working great. Neymar has had an unbelievable season playing on the left wing grabbing 23 goals and Lukaku has broken all my records as well as finishing top goal scorer in the league with an impressive 41 goals. I would say the difference is that some players who were earmarked for superstardom finally stepped up to be counted (Wilson, Muniain, Marin, Neymar).

Just about to start the 2015/16 season and i have made a couple of changes getting rid of both Balotelli and Greissman for the simple fact that they were on key player wages but were not key players. I brought in Mauro Zarate to replace Greissman and Yaya Sanogo to replace Balotelli. Both are on less than half of their predecessors wages and both look to be quality players. I'm also going to be playing Muniain alot more as he has developed into a really good player. Also bought a centre half to replace Daniel Agger, who was constantly injured, but i forget his name. I think he is a regen and his stats are really good.

Also been taken over by a tycoon who wanted to get rid of me and replace me with someone from his homeland (Italy) but how can you sack the guy who has just won Liverpool's 19th league title! :)