Help with Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter mgs88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3K

mgs88

Reaction score
Hi all I was hoping some one could help me with my liverpool squad as it is really under performing. Especially my strikers.

I play a 4-4-2 diamond formation with torres and dzeko up top, but they don'e seem to be scoring much goals. In the first season torres only scored 8 and Dzeko 15 (he was my penalty taker too) I'm 6 games into my second season too and things don't look like they are going to be much better.

my midfield is Lucas, Mereils, Hamsik and gerrard with gerrard in the hole and lucas playing as a Anchorman.

Can any one suggest any tips to help my strikers score more?

Give up & start another save somewhere else? lol in all seriousness I've had 3 seperate Liverpool saves & every single one has been nothing short of infuriating......I've tried everything, playing the diamond, playing 4-2-3-1, playing 4-1-4-1, playing a flat 4-4-2. Nothing seems to work for me, I'll have a little run of winning maybe 5 games then I'll get smashed at home by a really average team like bolton or sunderland & then draw the next 4 games. Maybe I'm just rubbish because a lot of people do seem to have a lot of success with Liverpool but as I said, I can't figure them out!

Hi all I was hoping some one could help me with my liverpool squad as it is really under performing. Especially my strikers.

I play a 4-4-2 diamond formation with torres and dzeko up top, but they don'e seem to be scoring much goals. In the first season torres only scored 8 and Dzeko 15 (he was my penalty taker too) I'm 6 games into my second season too and things don't look like they are going to be much better.

my midfield is Lucas, Mereils, Hamsik and gerrard with gerrard in the hole and lucas playing as a Anchorman.

Can any one suggest any tips to help my strikers score more?

Lucas - Defensive midfielder (Defend) Also look for a better Anchor man because even though Lucas is a class player hes better in central midfield.

Meireles - Deep lying playmaker (Support/Defend) make sure hes not your primary playmaker though.

Hamsik - Advanced playmaker (Attack)

Gerrard - Attacking Mid (Support/Attack)

Dzeko - Complete Forward (Support)

Torres - Poacher

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll beat Man U and Chelsea away from home then draw or lose to bottom of the league teams. It also seems that my liverpool team can't hold onto possession. Do you have this problem too?

This is my second Liverpool save too. The first one was slightly better. Torres was on fire for the first 10 games or so then broke his foot and wasn't the same when he came back, so that well and truly ended my season.

Your best bet is to do a 4-2-3-1 formation. This works like magic. Managed to win the title in my first season with Liverpool on 11.1.1 patch. If you give me a private message shout with your e-mail.. I'll email the tactic over to you.

In reply to a better anchorman I just recently bought M'vila recently too. Not entirely sure if that is how you spell his name...

I did think about trying a 4-2-3-1 but I would ideally like to have both Torres and Dzeko on at the same time. It used to be unreal on FM 10

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll beat Man U and Chelsea away from home then draw or lose to bottom of the league teams. It also seems that my liverpool team can't hold onto possession. Do you have this problem too?

This is my second Liverpool save too. The first one was slightly better. Torres was on fire for the first 10 games or so then broke his foot and wasn't the same when he came back, so that well and truly ended my season.

Had exactly the same problem, also my players seem to have an incurable desire to shoot from ridiculous positions, so much so that at the start of every game I've had to change my tactic to 'work the ball into the box' to stop them from doing it. I don't know about you but I've had a lot of pretty serious injuries (all my players have been training at a medium level so from what I can figure out it's not my training regime). I had Torres out for 3 months, Gerrard out for 6 & Meireles out for 6 weeks within the first 2 weeks of my season & already on my new save (In October at the moment) Gerrard is out for 6 weeks & Agger for 2 months. They're all rested regularly & I make sure to rotate my squad especially if I know I have 2 games in a week so I don't know if I'm just unlucky or whether the Liverpool squad is just injury prone?

Yeah my first season was pretty bad injury wise. Torres broke his foot, glen broke his wrist,
cole tore his hamstring and carra broke his leg all within 2 weeks of each other. I hadn't altered the training too much either and mine were all still on medium workload too.

on a slighly brighter note I retrained babel to be a better striker and he did score quite a few goals, then he too mysteriously stopped scoring too...

dzeko target man support, torres comlete forward attack
gerrard advanced playmaker attack, full creative freedom
replace lucas with someone stronger who will track back and is a good ball winner
meireles and hamsik are qualityplayers so see no prolem there

Any suggestions on who to replace Lucas with?

Like i said previously I bought M'Vila for £8 mil in the summer with the intention of using him instead of Lucas.

I brought him as a general cover for all my midfield then when lucas got injured I stuck him in as my ball winning mid & he did so well that Lucas didn't get a look in once he got back from injury.

This kinda done the trick for me, its early on, 3rd season, but looking quite promising, i have quite a few more youth's in the reserve and on loan such as Barry Bannan, Anthony Vanden Borre, Daniel Pacheco.

2eobm2b.jpg

Give up & start another save somewhere else? lol in all seriousness I've had 3 seperate Liverpool saves & every single one has been nothing short of infuriating......I've tried everything, playing the diamond, playing 4-2-3-1, playing 4-1-4-1, playing a flat 4-4-2. Nothing seems to work for me, I'll have a little run of winning maybe 5 games then I'll get smashed at home by a really average team like bolton or sunderland & then draw the next 4 games. Maybe I'm just rubbish because a lot of people do seem to have a lot of success with Liverpool but as I said, I can't figure them out!
Hi, ive just started a liverpool game and i kept the 'benitez' formation of 4-2-3-1. Torres was in form early on but jovanavic playing as a striker get quite a few goals, 2 against united when i was 2-0 down. i dont have any fund in the tranfers market but the club might be taken over. the player i have signed is diarra from r.madrid as a rotation player for the holding midfielders! i dont rate poulson at all!!

i just won the league on my liverpool save mate without the patch :) play a diamond formation with no wingers and play torres as an advanced forward

Heres a tip: L'vpool is a club with a big reputation, so always declare interest in players before you buy them as it may unsettle them especially if they are in lower reputation clubs or dont like their managers. (or as they said in football, Poach the players)

I playing with Pool now and what can I say, theyre amazing. I managed to poach Tevez from Man City when he had an arguement w/ Mancini for about 15 mill.. Hamsik cost me the other 15. 2nd season i added Dzeko and the whole squad just went bananas. In terms of tactics, if you have a tall striker (ie Dzeko), make sure Team Instructions is set to Float crosses - as in high lobbed balls and if your like me with 2 pacey short strikers - Drill crosses is more effective.

Centre backs - Agger, Carrager (Central defenders - def) Kolscielncy and co (Limited Def)
Try to sub Carragher with youngster Danny Wilson as a Ballplaying def during the season. He might be on loan in the beginning. He is playing very well in my 2nd season.

Midfield - I use wingers on the side.
(Maxi on the right, and replaced Cole on the left with this kid called Brian Ruiz. He cant seem to be stopped)
(Gerrard and Hamsik run the show, Gerrard is Box 2 Box when playing home games, and ball winner at away. He seems to cause opposing playmakers (lampard, fabregas etc) a problem so play - and Hamsik a playmaker, but adjust his dribbling to sometimes not always, it works better for me)

And my two forwards as I said are Torrez(Adv Forward - Attt) and Tevez (deep lying - Attack)
Occasionally bring in Pacheco as a Deeplying(support), I played him once alongside torrez against Chelsea and he scored the only goal.

The Torres-Teves-Hamsik-Gerrard partnership works quite well especially during the middle of the season. and Carragher plays very well with the young guy, Wilson.

And if you have Dzeko play him with an Advanced Forward - Torres. This is because when Torres chases down loose balls he will look to cross to a target man and Dzeko is a big bullseye.
2dl2a1y.png

168hb3m.jpg

10hj2h1.png

Last edited:
Back