Reaction score
Hey all, I need help with this tactic I made. I managed to somehow keep an undefeated streak through around half the season, but since I'm managing Bayern I think it's more because of the players are really good rather than my tactic.

View attachment 363692View attachment 363689

I'm mostly successful at keeping the ball but I have problems with a lot of shots not getting converted into goals even though I have world class players up front, each of them getting multiple good chances but not nearly as many goals as they should have. Also my solo strikers seem to be having bad games lately, and most of the goals come from midfielders and set pieces.

Defensively pretty good so far, except I seem to concede a lot of late goals even though my players aren't really tired at those times.

So I need help making my tactic more consistent defensively and better at converting chances, and just improving it in general. I appreciate any help, thanks :)

That's really quite an attacking formation! I don't know if you really need the LCM to be an AP when you have 4 attacking players in front, maybe a DLP(S) or CM(S) would be better. Also, the back four will be stretched as you have 2 CWBs but no midfield player to protect them, as a BWM does not hold his position as he roams to win the ball back. If you want more defensive solidity, and to create chances, change the 2 midfield roles slightly, and make one of the IF's support rather than attack, they come deep and play through balls through the opposition defence. Maybe just use WB's instead of CWBs so they're not as attack-minded and will contribute more in defence.