Help with my Arsenal Team - What I am doing wrong

gunnerjames

Reaction score
I am having difficulties playing as Arsenal. Ramsey and Arteta do not produce anything in the Arsenal Midfield.
I have Arteta has a deep lying playmaker - support and Ramsey is playing as a advance playmaker - support. I would ideally like Ramsey to link up with van persie more and get on the scoresheet and Arteta to sit deep and play killer passes to the wingers and forward line
At the moment the midfield seems to struggle and they are not linking up with Van Persie, Gervinho and Walcott. I have van persie set to complete forward - attack. I have changed is run from deep to sometimes, long shots rarely, cross ball rarely, run with ball sometimes and I have also set is creative freedom to much When I watch the games on full van persie does not link the play well with midfield and I do not see Ramsey making enough runs into the box. I dont even see Ramsey making any key passes in most games. I have Ramsey and Arteta set to short passing with high creative freedom
The other problem I am getting now is the AMR/AML. I have Gervinho playing as an inside forward - attack on the left and Walcott inside forward attack on the right Most of the times they run down the wings but the end product is not good enough. I have the both on cross ball rarely, run from deep sometimes, run with ball sometimes and long shots rarely and they both cut inside. I have also given them little creative freedom so that they follow my instructions (should I change this to normal or much)
Walcott, Gervinho and Van Persie's mentality is on attack, I would say about 18 on the slider.
Arteta mentality is about 9 on the slider, Song is set to defensive 5 and Ramsey's mentality is about 12 on the slider

They are not linking up with van persie, gervinho or walcott well at all. I really need help with getting the forward line and midfield to link up better so that they can be more of an attacking force.
My team setting is balance and control
passing - default
creative freedom - more expressive
closing down - default
marking - zonal
crossing default
roaming - default
Defensive Line - Normal
Width - Normal
Tempo - Normal
This has now become a CRY for HELP

if u have money, like 20m+, i suggest u to get another amc for ur midfield (martin(20m) or either erikseen(10m) ) works best for me.

if not, then it would hurt putting arshavin (yeah i know we gunner hate him, but ingame, he's a beast, so make use of whats available) at amc role, while ramsey OR arteta in the cm (box to box mid. role), and then lastly song on the other cm role (ball winning).

this should keep the balance , and thus (hopefully) make game flow easy.

if for a 4-2-3-1 formation :

cm: song
cm: arteta/ ramsey
amc: arshavin / ramsey (will take time tbh to adapt) / new player

*note: if u have rosicky , then u can also play him at amc role, as he's never good in teh wings.

Ramsey is doing quite well in my game. Same with Arteta. Maybe you should set Ramsey as Advanced Playmaker (Attack) and set van Persie as a Trequarista (or a Deep Lying Forward if you play a high pressing game).

jan 1st arteta is sold for 14min :) thats what i usualy do anyway

with arsenal u start as 47-50 mill with given 48 months installments u can spend nearly 200 mill dont be stingy go buy some mc there are lots of em
ganso 21.5m
moutinho 22m
honda 13m
kallstrom 7.5mill
eriksen 7.5mill
hamsik 24m