Markyb

Reaction score
Hi I hope I've posted this in the right forum!

I am Newcastle and its my first year in the Premiership after being promoted as champions last year. I have signed Shelvey (2m), Otamendi(10m) and Eduardo Salvio(4m) with a remaining budget of 7m (I was taken over in my first season).

I am in need of a decent striker (I did have Milevskyi going through but I don't have enough funds after signing Otamendi). So was wondering what player maybe suitable. I ideally don't want someone to young that I need to wait to get the best years out of, someone I can throw in the deep end would be perfect.

I also would like to know what the best roles for Shelvey and Salvio are? I am now slightly overloaded in the midfield department and need to sell either Nolan, Barton, Smith or Guthrie (I also am weighing up getting rid of Jonas as I tend to play a Diamond 4-1-2-1-2). I have offered them to clubs but there are no takers! Any ideas on who to shift? I will take a cut price to get my wage bill down!

Some help on one/two strikers, roles for my midfielders, who to sell and any other tips for my first season in the Prem would be helpful. Thanks.

hey mate, this is the wrong place, but here is the right one... :) (it will be moved there shortly)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f86/

i would sell Smith and Nolan and Jonas (just keep trying)
Shelvey as Advacned Playmaker - Attack either in Amc or Cm role!
Salvio as Winger - Attack Amr

Olexander Gladkyi - Shakhtar
Eugene Selezynov - Dnipro
Michael Eneramo - ES Tunis
Dawid Janczyk - CSKA
Thomas Necid - CSKA

(off the top of my head)

for players i suggest looking through this thread as well as downloading the shortlist on the 1st page as well
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/raikan007s-player-recommendation-list-t31092.html
as this thread for a bit younger players who can also do the job for you now.. :D
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/raikan007s-wonderkid-shortlist-for-fm10-t24990.html

i agree with what Raikan007 said about Salvio and Shelvey but i think you generally need a pacey striker in the premier league ,

Neymar - Santos £4m
David Bellion - Girondins Bordeaux £6.25m
Loic Remy - OGC Nice £6.25m
Ryan Babel - Liverpool - £6m

i agree with what Raikan007 said about Salvio and Shelvey but i think you generally need a pacey striker in the premier league ,

Neymar - Santos £4m
David Bellion - Girondins Bordeaux £6.25m
Loic Remy - OGC Nice £6.25m
Ryan Babel - Liverpool - £6m
You can also add Florent Sinama Pongolle to that list too, advantage is he is HG as well

Thanks for the help guys! I will be sure to search those players and hope they want to play for me... ha!

Will also look through those threads and find some decent talent. Thanks again!

Im in my first prem season with newcastle also, Postiga cost me 1.2 million and has 4 goals in 4 games and also Marco Verratti is a must buy only 17 but def a first team player. Hope you also sold all those big wage earners like Nolan, Barton and ****

I wouldn't sell Nolan ...

Is determination and influence he brings to the team is great

Try and get rid of barton! cut his asking price in half and accept whatever comes your way , as he is a big wage earner but brings absolutly nothing to the team apart from yellow and red cards.

Liedson from sporting is a good shout , play him up front with andy carroll as a target man.
Ebi smolarek also...

I signed Oscar Cardozo at 11 mil for my Newcastle but am confused what role to play for him! Someone please suggest