Brunzig

Reaction score
Hey guys this year I wanted to try and create my own FM tactic as in previous years I have downloaded somebody elses and I think that creating my own tactic would let me enjoy the game more.

So I have attempted to create a 4-2-3-1 formation trying to emulate Real Madrid Please, as you can see from screenshots I have good possession but I dont create a great deal of CCC's.

I would like you help on how I can improve this tactic.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Maybe keep direct passing but set the two DM to short passing, seem to be quite a lot of intercepted passes just in front of the pair of them.

Maybe keep direct passing but set the two DM to short passing, seem to be quite a lot of intercepted passes just in front of the pair of them.

good call with that! I would honestly push them up to CM though as well!

set your Am's as Wingers and hug touchline to give you more width allowing more space for the AMC in the centre.. have pardo playing MIXED passing so that he can get the ball outwide quickly if needed

leave time wasting as defualt. so when you make changes it affects it. you do not need that much with such a line up mate..

I would play a little more narrower (just on the cusp of wide/normal but being set at normal) and tempo is fine

I would also change control to either attacking/counter or even defensive as controlled is better suited for a slower, shorter approach :) not quick and wide!

what shouts are you using?

Thanks for the quick replies, I will try the above. Shouts I use work the ball into the box and pass into space. Raikan would you set any other instructions for the wingers? Ie crossing from byline etc?

Thanks for the quick replies, I will try the above. Shouts I use work the ball into the box and pass into space. Raikan would you set any other instructions for the wingers? Ie crossing from byline etc?

yes mate, hug touchline as well :) really stretches the defence...

use shouts:

exploit flanks/pass into space/get ball forward

Cheers mate, if this doesnt work ill be coming back for the Might and Magic or your AMC tactic ha! Just wanted to create my own tactic this year.

good luck mate :) all the best

Cheers buddy, I want to try and mould Pardo into a Xabi Alonso type player. This is a future screenshot of him:

Unfortunately Pardo suffered from a lack of game time when this screenshot was taken and hasn’t even scratched the surface of what he is capable of. 19 passing (being Spanish you wouldn’t be expecting any less), 17 technique, 20 creativity, 17 decisions are all great attributes for a DLP

Right guys I made the changes you suggested, are there any individual instructions I should be setting for each player? Played Barca last night got beat 2-0 but played counter. They had 17 shots 2 clear cut chances scoring 1 and getting a penalty. My players seemed to give the ball away far to cheaply. My wingers didnt really run down the line that much either.