craiigman

Reaction score
Can someone have a look over my tactics and give me some help please? I've just gone in and tweaked again as was having some dodgy results. Feedback will be nice :)

I'm Arsenal, and I'll put the players who will usually start when fit. But first here's the squad for reference if you think someone else should be in the first 11.

RC80F9p.png

My 4231 tactic: (Walcott set to Wing (A) not IF (A)!

ZWQQWDm.png

LmyGWyl.png

I did have Naiggolan as BWM but he wasn't performing. CM (D) just makes him play better. I had the most luck with this formation last season, but this season not so much. The only change is Monreal for Santon at left back in the first team. I did have slightly different team instructions last season, but it wasn't working this season, so this is the change.

My 433 tactic:

5oj8LBP.png

uGd9Rxx.png

So my team instructions match my 4231. The idea of having these two formations setup the same but with the midfield inverted is, that this is meant mainly for away games/ when the other team has a beast AM who needs marking. And also for games where I can't be too attacking. I sometimes change this one to standard depending on who I'm playing. I didn't use this too much last season, but always done the job when called upon. However I am really struggling on player roles for this one. Unsure on my midfield 3 and my front 3. Tips here please!

My 442 tactic:

sFBHTdw.png

w9oTnp1.png

I threw this formation together to add anther option when needed. I used it vs all the big boys last season and it got me the results. Only used it once vs United this season at home and won 2-0. While the football isn't the most interesting, it's worked for me. But tired it vs a smaller team and just doesn't work. It's got to be a big team. I also have Giroud set to TM on this.

So that's my 3 formations. 2 of them are similar but a change of shape depending on opposition. I currently have not changed any player instructions. I've played around with a few of them, they didn't seem to change too much. So right now they are on the default, if you think I should change them, please say.

My formation familiarity:

gOQatlj.png

So yeah, that's my current setups. You got everything there that you would need to know in order to help me out, if you want to of course ;) If you think someone else in my squad would be better in a position please let me know!

Last edited:
Moving to tactical discussion area.

A combination of short passing and quick tempo will never work.Have you seen barca play short passing on quick tempo ever ?? Either change your tempo to slightly above slow or play a different style of play.

No body seems to help here though. All people are looking for here is plug in tactics that will work 100% of the time..

The tactics thread and Tactics discussion is separate, so hopefully you get your assistance. If nobody helps you by the time The Better Half comes online, then she'll help you as well as anybody possibly could.

A combination of short passing and quick tempo will never work.Have you seen barca play short passing on quick tempo ever ?? Either change your tempo to slightly above slow or play a different style of play.

This is why this game is so annoying. One person tells you quick passing works and then another tells you it doesn't.. I'm not trying to replicate Barcelona. If I was I'd follow the Barcelona tactics pasted everywhere.

Where did i say you are replicating barca ? I am just telling you what i understand.I wont reply again if you dont like it cheers.

Where did i say you are replicating barca ? I am just telling you what i understand.I wont reply again if you dont like it cheers.

Hi, sorry for sounding ungrateful. It's just when one person is telling you one thing and another person telling you another thing it becomes annoying!

I took what you said after I got battered 5-2 away at Napoli and have been on a good run since. I also changed it to more narrow than wide. The reason I was going for quick rather than slow was from taking inspiration from here: Raikan007's Borussia Dortmund: Jurgen Klopp tactic - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

But clearly didn't work for me (note I didn't download, just used it for inspiration). My 4231 is working great now, I've found that when playing away it's sometimes good to drop the defence back and not to play offside to avoid getting caught on the counter. However that being said, I cannot get this 433 to work. Any ideas as to why? I changed it to slow and narrow like the 4231.

My guess is that it needs more width, but even then it's not working too well. Maybe my players just can't play it? But I feel I need a formation that has a DM for those games where you just need one. Although vs the big boys I've been using the 442 to excellent results. So maybe I need to change the 433 to something else. I thinking something with 2 strikers so I can make the most out of Rodrigo and Fierro?

But not sure which to still enable good passing football. 4312? No wingers though. Maybe a 3 back formation? What do you think?

Again sorry for being so rude and ungrateful. I do appreciate all the help :)