Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post so just remind me if i miss any information,

I have a Acer Aspire One D255, 1.7 ghz processor, 1 gb ram, 6-cell battery and 250 gb hdd.

So I have downloaded the demo (through STEAM), and tried installing the netbook2011 skin for resolutions of 1024x600. I can run it in small screen windowed and it loads perfectly but i can't apply the resolution skin it dosen't come up. I have followed the instructions to the letter but it still dosen't come up. I have FM09 working in the Netbook version skin but not this one. And if it helps, i do have access to a 1080p full resolution 200hz tele which my my netbook can put out a resolution of 1680x1050 so i can access the game (VGA cable by the way).

In the demo it only has the default skin available for me to select and i had to create the "skins" folder.

I know my netbook can support it as i can play it through my netbook and 09 works amazingly fluently.

So the big question is, if i downloaded the full game first would it have the skin folder by default and would i be able to even change it? I'm sure i read somewhere that you can only use the default skin in the demo but i've read contradictory arguments.

And lastly does the skin even work, like is it even possible, has anyone even done it?

And is the problem with STEAM, which i dont think it is but just checking and lastly should i not purchase it through STEAM, which i wasnt but does it make it difference?

Thank you all answers appreciated.

Dan

if you download through steam patches automatically are applied, and you get a pile of achievements too. and different FM communities

all respect but that wasnt my question,
its the demo and the netbook 2011 skin dosent show up and i was wondering whether its my fault or because its the demo

all respect but that wasnt my question,
its the demo and the netbook 2011 skin dosent show up and i was wondering whether its my fault or because its the demo

oops. sorry bout that. I think there is a problem with regards to demos and skins working I think, though cant be sure. If there's no mention on this on another thread, may be worth googling. Don't think it will be a problem with Steam though tbh-never had a problem with skins

May be best to check, or bump it later. Only sayin that as you may not a reply for a while because of the football thats on right now lol. But 9 times out 10, somebody always has a solution for a problem