psk14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I find that my team is always losing possession. Players make silly errors or dwell too long on the ball and eventually get tackled. I play with the 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 formations and I have always been able to achieve at least 55% possession each game whilst creating many chances. On FM13 I haven't been able to do that.

I instruct players to play shorter balls but my defenders and keeper hoof the ball up the pitch, also my players never win or get to the ball first, always beaten to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Set the defenders and keeper creativity to the absolute minimum.

Put "time-wasting" to the absolute mimnum.

Are you players actually good at passing? Do they have PPMs that go against your style of play?

Your players are probably hoofing the ball up because your opposition is pressing down on you, and I am assuming you have a good team, so their intelligence would tell them to hoof the ball up over because that's what you'd do to a pressing team.

If this isn't the case then i suggest selecting a Rigid philosophy. By this only the attacking players are thinking creatively and the less technical ones simply rely on the rest to do all the work.

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas!