dellboy100

Reaction score
hi all

i am currently in 2020 with middlesbrough and am putting a good young team together, i have shown faith and still have jason steele after all these years, but every transfer window comes around he tells me he wants to stay at the club and loves the club,

his information says hes happy at the club then underneath is says he wants to leave the club,
i try to sell him during the transfer windows and get no bids even when i offer him for a low price.

then as soon as the transfer window shuts he tells me he wants to leave the club and wants to be transfer listed and this goes on till just before the window opens again and its back to him wanting to stay

anybody got any suggestions on what i could do to make him happy

i have tried chatting to him and offering new contracts.

thanks in advance

did you offer him a contract when he said he wanted to stay?

yeah i tried offering a few times both when he was happy and unhappy and all the times he didnt want to enter discussions

I find that happens a lot with smaller clubs. A player will demand to leave and then as soon as you transfer list him his status will say both that he wants to leave and that he is determined to prove his worth to the club (or he wants to stay). My advice would depend on how you're doing. If you are doing well, then he will probably be satisfied if he is not transferred. Either way, I would suggest that you place a value on all of the players you want to keep that is either at their buy-out clause or well above their listed values...that should either discourage teams from inquiring/making offers or ensure that the offers will all be sufficient and not needlessly trouble your player.

Sell him, players that demand to be transfer listed are not worthy to be at your club. There are always more than enough decent players to replace them with, nobody is irreplaceable. :)