fritzula

Reaction score
Hi ! New to the forum ! The problem is that my team is inconsistent. My striker is the top scorer of the league but still i find myself in 4th place in the league. The problem is not just in scoring goal but sometimes i think that clear cut chances are not used and that the defence makes mistakes also i believe the transition is to slow but i think that may have something to do with my tempo being set to low. Players dont have any individual instructions. Thx in advance ! :D

View attachment 121945View attachment 121944

Hi ! New to the forum ! The problem is that my team is inconsistent. My striker is the top scorer of the league but still i find myself in 4th place in the league. The problem is not just in scoring goal but sometimes i think that clear cut chances are not used and that the defence makes mistakes also i believe the transition is to slow but i think that may have something to do with my tempo being set to low. Players dont have any individual instructions. Thx in advance ! :D

View attachment 1084582View attachment 1084584

Defensively, you have too many players forward. Four attacking players in your striker and attacking mids, one central mid going forward and your two fullbacks as well. Leaving your two CBs and the BWM, who is programmed to give chase whenever he can. This makes you easily caught out on the counter.

FBs on auto change the duty depending on your mentality. Contain and Defensive have them as FB(d), Counter through Control have them as FB(s), and Attacking to Overload have them as FB(a ). Now normally an FB(s) can do a decent job at judging when to go forward and when to provide defensive cover and balance, but your tempo and your instruction to overlap means they spend more time making the decision to go forward than to cover/balance.

Your tempo and instructions plus the use of three playmakers are going to cause you to be very slow and "patient" in attacking and it would require your players to have a lot of flair and vision to improvise.

Lastly, isn't that FM17?

Your tempo isn't low. It's much lowER than default, which is fairly high. If your transitions are too slow, speed it up? You have gone out of your way to slow things down with Shorter Passing AND Retain Possession AND Much Lower Tempo AND Play Out Of Defence. All those instructions will slow things down so that the ball goes from back to front slower.

thx to both of you for your replies.. yeah its 17.. i only now saw that i posted in fm 16 tactic.. thx once more ! :)