gunnerjames

Reaction score
Could I have some advice on how to set up a counter attack strategy to use with my Arsenal Team when playing away from home. I basically want to press and win the ball back and launch a counter attack quickly that rips teams apart. Please could you guys have a look at my set up and let me know what I can do to achieve the perfect counter attacking football.
My formation is 451/433 - Midfield Line DM - Defend, DLP - support and Advance Playmaker - Attack
Forward Line - Inside Forwards both are set to attack and Complete Forward - Attack
Defenders - Full Backs - Support and Central Defenders both set to defend
Fluid/Counter
Passing Shorter
Creative Freedom - More disciplined
Pressing - Press More
Marking - Zonal
Tackling - Default
Crosses - Drilled
Roaming - Stick to position
Defensive Line - Deep
Width - Wide
Temp - Quick
Counter Attack - Yes

I would play a longer passing game, and push up the defensive line a bit.

I'm confused. You have a deep defensive line, yet try and press high? You use fluid and yet give them no creative freedom and tell them to stick to position?

I'd move creative freedom and pressing to default, and make your team pass more directly. That way you'll sit deep, absorb pressure, invite the opposition onto you, and give your striker lots of space to exploit behind the opposition defence.

I have been using my 443dm tactic (I think you are too) and have made a few changes to it as I am playing with Sheff Utd now! I have increased direct passing, normal line, pressing with zonal, switched to rigid and counter!
For Arsenal I wouldl play Balanced rather! use shouts play wider or exploit flanks as well! ensure you change the AP's passing to more direct as well!

using shouts: get ball forward, pass into space and work ball into box! unbeaten in 6 games, top of the table and averaging over 3.5 goals per game! Drew 2:2 with Villa at Villa Park only to lose 4:3 on pens in Carling Cup :)

see the 433 thread for SS :)