aarong

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Decided to really challenge myself this year and start with Droylesden in the BSP North....anyway in the past I usually managed the bigger sides and I am serious difficulties with creating a decent tactic for a lower league side.

First game and boston slaughtered me 9-1. I was using a standard 4-4-2. Interestingly in the same fixture using FMC I beat Boston 4-1!

I am currently using the demo version of the game as I want to decide whether to buy FM 13 or go back to FM12.

So any help with tactics for the lower leagues are very greatly appreciated guys or any advise in general.

Cheers1

Thanks Mate. Ill give it a go whan I get home from work and ill post updates later :).... I am also caughtin 2 minds about whether i prefer FMC or the full version..hmmmm

The trick is to play to the strength Of your team whilst setting up an approach that wont let the opponent exploit your weaknesses. Naturally this goes for all teams but at lower levels its even more important as à pacey winger player is more likely to come up against à slow defender , flair versus anticipation, stamina versus stamina , etc etc. So here, make sure you take full advantage Of it and adjust your formation to make up for any flaws( like using à deeper d-line and à DMC if you have slow defenders.

Also consider playing rigid rather then fluid as most Of your attacking players Will lack heavily in defensive skills, and defenders in attacking skills.

@The Better Half...Do you recommend a standard 4-4-2 for lower league sides?......this seems to be what a few people are saying

@The Better Half...Do you recommend a standard 4-4-2 for lower league sides?......this seems to be what a few people are saying

Depends on the squad. Short term, you have to make the most of the players you have. If wanting to climb the ladder, you also have to be realictic about what players you will be able to sign, players that will be able to beat their man and players able to defend.

Personally, I have always gone for a 433/451. Here, I can make sure that I get strong DMC/MCs and quick wingers/strikers.
I tend to play Rigid or Balanced COUNTER, playing a more direct style. For me, its enough to get 3 player types. Defensive DMC/MCs, Attacking MCs and Quick Wingers/Strikers and I can rotate the squad heavily, like this

2 GKs
4 Fullbacks - Best you can get
4 DCs - Dont have to be that quick using a lower d-line
3 Defensive DMCs/MCs
3 Attacking MCs
5 Quicker wingers/strikers

a total of 21 players where everyone will play in a rotation system. IN some matches, I user 2 attacking MCs and in some only the Defensive DMC/MCs, all depending on who I am facing

Are you guys getting good results winning titles etcetra?