Help with unhappy key players.

nrflns

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently managing Liverpool and both Gerrard and Carragher are unhappy. Also they are in the last year of contract and refuse new deals. Of course the last thing I want is to lose them... So I need some help about what to do now. Just to mention, they complain about the discipline at the club.

If it's something to do with the discipline, perhaps you might be fining players unreasonably or being too nice to some ill-disciplined players?

I don't see any problems about discipline at the moment. My players rarely get yellow or red cards, no one misses trainnings... When happened I penalized the player with 1 or 2 weeks of salary, and they always agreed about that. Also the team is very competitive and won a lot of trophies, so I see no reason for then to want to leave.

If they complain about discipline, it's probably due to you not fining players when they get sent off. Try being a little tougher on that regard, and praise them when interviewed and during team talks to try and improve your relation.

//Edit - Hadn't read your reply, sorry. If you have fined them accordingly, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

try warning players who have trained poorly that fixed my discipline issues.Tell them they have to up the training to make the first team regularly.

I offered Carragher a player/staff contract and he took it. But things are still complicated with Gerrard. :(

How did you manage to make Gerrard & Carragher unhappy if your Liverpool? :O

They just started complaining about the discipline.

2012-2013.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Thank you, people...
Everything is ok now, Gerrard also signed a new deal and seems really happy.