dkeng

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm currently managing Arsenal in my second season!

So basically the problem I have is that Walcott wants playing time and I can't give him starts (and even sub apperances) due to the form of Giroud and Dzeko (signed for about 10mil pounds).

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with 3 central attacking midfielders (rotating between Kaka, Wilshere, Cazorla, Christian Eriksen, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski) so I'm really not entertaining the idea of playing Walcott as AMR as an alternative.

I'm actually pretty alright with selling him...but I want an Arsenal home-grown player to replace him! Any advice as to who I should replace him with? I was thinking about Carlos Vela since the buy back clause is pretty low (about 3.5mil)...but any other options I should consider?

Thanks for the advice! ^^)

Hi all! I'm currently managing Arsenal in my second season!

So basically the problem I have is that Walcott wants playing time and I can't give him starts (and even sub apperances) due to the form of Giroud and Dzeko (signed for about 10mil pounds).

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with 3 central attacking midfielders (rotating between Kaka, Wilshere, Cazorla, Christian Eriksen, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski) so I'm really not entertaining the idea of playing Walcott as AMR as an alternative.

I'm actually pretty alright with selling him...but I want an Arsenal home-grown player to replace him! Any advice as to who I should replace him with? I was thinking about Carlos Vela since the buy back clause is pretty low (about 3.5mil)...but any other options I should consider?

Thanks for the advice! ^^)

Looking at velas history, I am not so sure he will be considered "Arsenal home grown", i.e " At club" due to his loaning spells.

Looking at velas history, I am not so sure he will be considered "Arsenal home grown", i.e " At club" due to his loaning spells.

He isn't. I bought him back on my Arsenal save to sell him on straight after, and in the squad registration he wasn't classed as home grown :)

He isn't. I bought him back on my Arsenal save to sell him on straight after, and in the squad registration he wasn't classed as home grown :)

Oh well.

:(

Any other options?

P.S. Eriksen's a beast for me!

You have 7 players for 3 positions (the three AMCs). That's one more than 2 for each position. At least one of them's going to have to go eventually.

Personally, I've found the narrow 4-2-3-1 to be a bit, well, narrow, and more importantly lacking in variety. I prefer a 4-2-3-1 with one 'winger' in the three, stylistically a cross between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1. So if it was me I would keep Walcott on at AMR. And the one I would look to be getting rid of would be Kaka, because he's getting on a bit. But if you find the narrow 4-2-3-1 works for you, and Kaka is too good to leave out, I don't have an easy answer.

In my experience with this game Walcott is never really reliable as a regular starter, but can be super effective coming on as a late sub, when everyone is tired. I've had him score more late goals like that than any other player. I wouldn't be too opposed to selling him either, but personally I've always kept him for striker depth (I like playing him more as a striker than on the wings, but I've had success with him there too)

He works best for me in 4-5-1 system on the right side as an IF, he currently has 4 goals in 22 games, but makes up for it with 10 assists. I think he's better off supporting the offense than converting chances.