DanosFC

Reaction score
I have signed about 5 or 6 players which I intended to be placed in my youth team. I didn't want to register them in my main team. But when I click confirm squad registration it says that anyone that isn't registered leaves by mutual consent. Is there anyway of signing a young player on a full time contract but playing him in the youth team without registrating him for the first team?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I don't have that problem and I've got loads of unregistered teenagers supplementing my squad (...that sounds a lot dodgier than it really is). What league are you playing in?

My guess is that it's MLS related, you could probably get around it by loaning them out.

I'm playing the Australian A-League which is similar to the MLS

Must be a rule of the A-League. Sammyt's suggestion is right then, I guess - get yourself a feeder club and loan them the teenaged players that you want to keep but don't want to include in your registered first team squad yet. Maybe experiment by keeping the worst of them at your club unregistered, and see if he does actually leave.

I managed in the A-League for a couple of seasons, so I know this is true. Anyone on a senior contract who isn't registered leaves by mutual consent.

S**t rule, if you ask me. Stopped me from buying some players good enough to play in the Prem just because they wanted full time contracts.

If you want to succeed in Australia, don't focus on buying young players. Keep a small squad (20 players or so), get a good parent club (in Europe) and get 2-3 players on loan. IIRC, the squad size has a limit of 23.

One of the Melbourne clubs has Man City as an affiliate and they were cruising on my save because City were happy to loan them a couple of world class English players.

Yeah, it's a really bad rule, i've lost a good lot of young players because of it

Yeah, it's a really bad rule, i've lost a good lot of young players because of it

Check the Australian Institute of Sport, they're non-playable but in my save, they produced a couple of good players who are definitely A-League quality at age 19/20 - I've been able to get a few of them on youth contracts.

I just checked out Melbourne Heart, Man City own 80% of the team, but it seems pretty unrealistic that they would send anyone on loan to Australia.