MoarFootball

Reaction score
so, I'm in my third season with Crystal Palace after a 9th place & 7th place finish in the seasons prior. I achieved this by establishing a good possession-based tactic but, since starting the 3rd season, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I've gone from 60% possession to 51% and it's hurting our form massively.

Attached is my tactic and player roles. Let me know where I'm going wrong

!View attachment 317741
View attachment 317740

Where/How are you losing possession?

I think the problem is you have too many players on attacking duty. From my experience those players rarely help out defensively (if they help out at all)
Try to set the Winger and the Inside forward on support duty. From the looks of your tactic I'm pretty sure they don't contribute to defending. (They don't try to win back the ball, don't marking the opposition full back etc)

Midfield, keep getting overrun and losing it. Could be Jedinak's dip in form?
Do they have proper passing options? That's the problem. You're asking the team to pass short and prioritise possession but your duty allocation doesn't really allow for that. All 3 of your forward players will go sit on the shoulder of the defence, waiting for a through ball that probably isn't going to come.