:mad:

When i run Football manager 2009 it doesnt load and comes this comes up:

Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Last_Saved_Game.xml

=

What can i do to get it working again

Plz help
;(;(;(;(

XML Parsing Errors

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Also -

7. I get an "XML Parsing Error" when launching the game

* This appears to happen sometimes if the game encounters a problem and quits unexpectedly and settings become corrupt as a result of this.

Potential workaround:
Deleting your settings should in most cases:
- Make sure FM is not running.
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, Application Data is hidden by default but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)
- On Mac OS X: /Users//Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 Demo/ (In the Finder Sidebar: Click your username, then go to Library -> Preferences -> etc..)
- Delete all sub-folders in this (the 'Settings' folder). Do not delete the entire "Football Manager 2009" folder in "Application Data"
- Now try to run the game.

Nice explanation Sean lol :D ye it's just and XML Parsing Error just do what Sean said and it should work :)

hi i have the same problem, i saved the game but then turned my pc off forgeting to close down FM09 :(

and now everything i start the game it goes through all the sponsers etc. but then closes saying: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

the thing is i have done what you said, but i have no settings folder (inwhich to delete) so what do i do??

thanks for taking your time to read this :)

W/B asap please :)

There is a settings folder you are probably not looking in the correct place.

hey i have the same problem and read this thread where abouts is the settings folder? would very much appreciate any help, thanks

i need help, when i load FM it says
not-well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default: xml
does anyone know what to do???

Scroll upto the top of this very thread and you'll find your answer a few posts down.

There's also a solution stickied in this forum too.

does anyone know where you find the settings for fm 09 on vista??
i ned help
thanks

It tells you where it is...

- On Windows Vista: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Demo\settings\ (using Windows Explorer, AppData is hidden but you should get to it by typing the path)

Just think how much of your time you could of saved if you could read posts.

no i have the same problem as the other guy above, i carnt find settings which you need to have

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 54093" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>kevin2018</TD><TD class=alt1>hi i have the same problem, i saved the game but then turned my pc off forgeting to close down FM09
06%20Sad.png

and now everything i start the game it goes through all the sponsers etc. but then closes saying: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

the thing is i have done what you said, but i have no settings folder (inwhich to delete) so what do i do??

thanks for taking your time to read this
01%20Smile.png

W/B asap please
01%20Smile.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Don't bring up ridiculously old threads please.

Status
Not open for further replies.