Toxicegg

Reaction score
I am Wrexham and in my first season i got promoted through the BSP Play Offs, I am now in League 2 and i am struggling badly, i am 22nd. I was just wondering if there were any tactics or anything which will help to start winning and stop conceding goals.!

Thanks

First season in League 2 is realy hard with an BSS/BSN team.Been promoted to League 2 in 3 season with Boreham Wood but I was fired becouse the new chairman wasn't happy with 8 loses in a row :mad:

Loans are the only thing i will suggest player-wise.
Tactics, well I suggest deep, tight and direct (bit like my women:p!!). Or if you have better attackers go **** for leather an attack attack attack. Purists will say the first option but i can only play attacking football.

The thing which is annoying is i have a decent team like rob kozluk and paul pogba and oliver norwood
thanks for the suggestions anyway guys!

What formation/tactics do you play? I tend to find that if I dont have a man, or even 2, in front of my defenders I often crumble against better opposition (when playing with my Solihull Moors save).

A simple way to go about promotion into a new league, is make a home tactic and then make an away tactic. The home tactic should be about winning football matches, and attacking and having a real go at it- I'm not sure if attendance and crowd-size affects play motivation, but you should think it does.

For the away tactic, something a little bit more layed back- Counter Attacking or Controlled Football- Keep it rigid, and nothing too risky. Anything you get away from home this season should be considered a bonus, so don't worry about your away matches too much.

Make sure you find the right roles with your players and stick with the tactics- As for the transfers, never do anything too major. Keep your key-players from the BSP and get rid of those who didn't get a look in the BSP. Anyone that is on your wage-bill, and doesn't have a chance of playing is a waste, so get rid. Bring in players of L2 Standard then- Not too many, maybe just 4/5 and you can build on that, the season after. Loan signings and free transfers will probably be your signings.

Its probably expected for you to be relegated, but the worse thing you can do in football is take backward steps and become a Yo-Yo Club. This season your primary objective has to be survival, don't worry about the Paint-Pot or FA Cup. Then, each season will be out improving on players and position until you can conquer League 2 and scrap the away tactic.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

Thankis For The Advice Mate, Will try it as soon as i fix my fm11!