HELPPPPP!!! Nothing I do works :(

Okay for example I'm playing man city as we speak. I understand it's man city and I don't expect to win but there 2-0 up in first 10 mins I usually watch the game on comprehensive.. Toure and fernando are there cm in a 4-4-1-1 but they seem to have so much time on the ball my midfielders are so deep. I play 4-1-2-2-1 formation abhor man in front of defence with a cm on support and ap attack

4-0 down 53 mins all 4 goals have either been cross to bony or drilled to him and he's turned and shot

Okay for example I'm playing man city as we speak. I understand it's man city and I don't expect to win but there 2-0 up in first 10 mins I usually watch the game on comprehensive.. Toure and fernando are there cm in a 4-4-1-1 but they seem to have so much time on the ball my midfielders are so deep. I play 4-1-2-2-1 formation abhor man in front of defence with a cm on support and ap attack

By a 4-1-2-2-1, I assume you're using a narrow formation.
1 - DCM
2 - CM
2- ACM

If that's the case, you're full backs are horribly exposed unless you get your CMs covering the wide channels and asking your ACMs to pull back and mark their CM's.

No I play with an inside forward or the right and ap s on the left. Honestly I ain't got a clue tbh.. I'm playing Spurs as we speak and I'm dominating possession stats but it's just them constantly attacking. There 2 goals I've tried analysing and ain't got a clue what I would do to try prevent them. I need some tips on what to look for

That's not the worst tactic in the world. I'm just utterly confused by everything outside you role and duty selection.

You've set up a counter attacking tactic, looking at your roles and duties. WHY aren't you using the Counter mentality? I asked this as far back as post #4 and I still haven't been answered. I feel as though I'm wasting time even looking at this thread.

In keeping with that topic, your roles indicate a counter attack. Why Retain Possession and Shorter Passing then? You're slowing down the play when 1. everyone is attacking you, 2. the space is there to be quickly exploited and 3. you're the second worst team in the league! You don't have the team to play keep ball and if you wanted to try that, a tactical setup like this, isn't the way to go.

sorry. i aint great at this tactic stuff as you can tell.

what do you mean by counter mentality? what is that?

what do you mean by counter mentality? what is that?
I can't tell if you're trolling now.

MENTALITY.

Look at your tactics screen. You cannot miss it? I'm asking why not use Counter instead of Standard?

oh my bad i usually have it on counter but because i was losing i changed it

oh my bad i usually have it on counter but because i was losing i changed it

You've had it on Standard since you started this thread, which is why I asked. I am wondering though, why go MORE attacking if you're losing?

to try get level? i guess thats wrong. i just got tonked 4-0 by norwich. i honestly am clueless i guess.

I don't think it's cluelessness. Tbh, it doesn't seem like you're putting much thought into anything you do and you're also not following it up by watching whether it's playing out on the pitch the way you intended.

If I'm honest I don't know what to look for? I tried analysing the goals and what's happening and don't seem to be able to figure it out? What sort of things shall I look for?

If I'm honest I don't know what to look for? I tried analysing the goals and what's happening and don't seem to be able to figure it out? What sort of things shall I look for?
It's not just analysing goals. It's analysing general play too. However, you asked about goals. Players make mistakes and that's part of the game. Most of the time, it's not mistakes though. The goal scorer, was he given too much space? Did he out-dribble/jump/pace his marker? The player who provided the assist - was it a once of or is he constantly getting into space? You could pull it back even more to the person who passed it to the assister (is that a word?). Try and spot patterns in play. A player shaking his marker once, happens. A player who is constantly in space, is a problem.

Okay I'll try that but what would I do say if the striker getting to much space? Mark tighter?

Say the striker is out pacing defenders what would I do?

Thank tou you for your help I appreciate

Okay I'll try that but what would I do say if the striker getting to much space? Mark tighter?
You have a DM, so this shouldn't happen, but yes, get a good marker in his zone and tight mark him or at least close him down quickly. You could even push the D-Line up. There are many ways of doing something. It all depends how you're playing or want to play with the players you have.

Say the striker is out pacing defenders what would I do?
Either stop the supply to him, drop deeper or play fast defenders. Come one, this stuff should be obvious!