White Daryl

Reaction score
View attachment 363902

Swedish Football News
--------------------------------------------------------------

'Svenska Dagbladet', Sweden's leading newspaper is carrying a report that Helsinborgs IF have relieved manager Roar Hansen of his duties due to a falling out between board and manager. This has come as a shock to Helsinborgs fan who witnessed their team complete a historic treble in 2011. Whomever the board select as a replacement for Hansen will have to contend with the immense pressure that comes with being in charge of one of Sweden's biggest football clubs.

View attachment 363903

All I can say is **** you lol, This was my next experiment for FM2014, good luck.

View attachment 363904

Helsinborgs IF Find Their Man
-----------------------------------------------------

Helsinborgs IF have moved quickly to appoint Roar Hansen's successor. Former player and club legend Henrik Larsson has been appointed as manager on a 1 year probationary contract. Having had experience in the lower divisions of Swedish football this year will be a big test for Larsson, and it could be the stepping stone he needs to achieve in management what he did as a player.

View attachment 363911

Having enjoyed a storied and celebrated career as a player, it is now time for Larsson to do the same as a manager. From humble beginnings with Hogaborgs BK, Larsson moved to Helsinborgs and then to Feyenoord. From here he moved to Celtic, where he enjoyed his finest ever form and he cemented his status as one of the best strikers to have ever played in Britain. His exploits in Scotland did not go unnoticed, as upon the expiration of his contract he was signed by FC Barcelona where he got his hands on the holy grail of football, the Champions League. Henrik intended to end his career in Helsinborgs but Sir Alex came calling and Larsson had a two month stint in the Premier League. He returned to Helsinborgs and saw out the remainder of what had been an illustrious and successful career.

View attachment 363920

My Private Notes:

I've met with the lads today, and my initial impressions of the squad were positive.

View attachment 363923

The players seem to respect me which is the most important thing about football management. I told them sternly today, 'to win out there you must win in here.' Team spirit and togetherness are just as important as having top class individuals.

Par Hansson, the goalkeeper is a highly influential member of the team. He will be key to any success I have at Helsinborgs, as his fellow teammates look up to him.
View attachment 363922

I held my first training session with the lads this morning aswell, albeit a light one. The fitness levels are good, and I'm excited about the upcoming year.

With regards to tactics, I will be rotating between three separate formations during pre-season. A 4-4-2, a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-2 will all be tested, and the two that yield the best results will be used as main tactics coupled with a more defensive tactic for away games and perhaps a foray into Europe.

View attachment 363925 View attachment 363926 View attachment 363927

Here's hoping for a productive pre-season and a great campaign.

Henrik Larsson - The First Press Conference

View attachment 363930

Henrik Larsson, recently named as the manger of Helsinborgs IF met the media today to address issues such as his inexperience, his expectations, his plans for change at the club and any potential transfers for Helsinborgs.

Reporter: "Hello Henrik, on behalf of all the media representatives here I'd like to congratulate you on this appointment and wish you good luck."

Larsson: "Thank you, I appreciate that."

Reporter: "My question for you Mr Larsson is in relation to your inexperience as a manger. You had one short stint in the second divison of Swedish football, yet now you find yourself managing the reigning champions. How do you think you will cope with the step up and the increase in pressure that comes with it?"

Larsson: "The step up does not concern me. Football is football, it's the game I played and the game I love. I will adapt to the higher standard quickly. The pressure is another matter, and that will take some handling. I've played with pressure and expectation before, but never managed. I hope that I can acclimatize quickly, and begin to deliver success to the Club and its fans."

Reporter: "I'm sure the fans will be glad to hear that. I would like to ask you right now though, what are your expectations for the coming season?"

Larsson: "To challenge. To challenge in the League and in the cups. Coming off the back of last season in which Helsinborgs completed an incredible treble the fans demand a similar campaign this year. I will strive to deliver this."

Reporter: "Will you be making any changes to the backroom staff?"

Larsson: "Helsinborgs is a fantastically well set up club and this is demonstrated by the backroom staff. However, I want to put my stamp on the club. So I will look to bring in some of my own staff, and begin a successful period with a club that I love."

Reporter: "What about transfers? You have a bit of money to spend, will you be doing so?"

Larsson: "This Helsinborgs team is a championship winning team and so obviously is a top class team. There are some fantastic individuals backed by the camaraderie that can only exist in a successful team. However, I may want to add to the strength in depth of the squad to ensure we can handle any fixture congestion or injuries. If the opportunity for a 'big' signing does arise, then I may seize it."

Reporter: You are one of the finest players to ever come out of Sweden. Do you think that you can produce the next Larsson or the next Zlatan? Will you give young Swedish players the chance to thrive?"

Larsson: "Helsinborgs has a fantastic youth setup, and I believe that there are many future internationals waiting in the wings right now at this club. I will seek to develop their talents and encourage homegrown players to stay here and exhibit their talents week in week out wearing the Helsinborgs badge. Youngsters will get a chance, of that I can guarantee you."

Reporter: "Many clubs are struggling to fill out their stadiums consistently these days. How might you ensure that the 'Olympia' is filled to capacity each week?"

Larsson: "With attractive and attacking football. I will tell my players to express themselves and we will try to score goals and pass the ball. And I hope that this brings success. If it does, then I would expect to see the Olympia packed week in week out."

------------------------------------------------------------------

So that was my first press conference as manager of Helsinborgs. I was nervous and excited. I think I handled myself fine and gave some answers that will please the fans.

View attachment 363954

Transfer Update

View attachment 364010

Henrik Larsson adds just one to his Helsinborgs side so far:

Despite promising to put his own stamp on Helsinborgs IF, Henrik Larsson has so far found it difficult to attract high calibre players to his Helsinborgs side. Already well into March, Larsson has only managed to tempt Labinot Harbuzi, a fellow Swede, to join him at Helsinborgs IF.

View attachment 364012

Harbuzi can play in Central midfield, be it a defensive or attacking role. The players' versatility is what stood out, according to Larsson during a press conference. His experience in the Dutch League can only help Helsinborgs as a team.

View attachment 364013

Pre-Season Results

View attachment 364029

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly

Thursday 16th February 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (4 - 2) Helsinborgs Reserves

Sorum (x2)
Gashi
Simovic

My first chance to see the lads in a game situation. All impressed, particularly Sorum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Friendly
Wednesday 22nd February 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (2-1) Randers FC

Tamboura (og)
Sorum

He did it again, playing fantastically upfront. The whole team worked hard to grind out a tough 2-1 victory.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly
Saturday 25th February 2012
Anglavallen

Angelholm (1-0) Helsinborgs

This was frustrating. We dominated, and created many clear cut chances (which I would buried!) But that's football, and you don't always get the result you deserve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Friendly
Wednesday 29th February 2012
Avedore Stadion

Rosenhoj (0-4) Helsinborgs

Bouaouzan
Tonnerberg
Accam
Nordmark

Against weaker opposition I expected a result like this. I was glad that I could give all the boys a run out, so fitness and morale were improved simultaneously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Friendly Saturday 3rd March 2012
Vejle Stadion

Vejle-Kolding (1-4) Helsinborgs

Santos (x2)
Simovic
Krafth

Our final friendly before the start of the season. I decided to give some of the fringe players starting positions, as the Super Cup was just around the corner. They took their chance, and I was suitably impressed.

Overall, I'm delighted with out pre-season. My style of football has been drilled into the lads, and by the last match we were passing the ball freely and confidently. I hope that we can carry this into the start of the season and that we hit the ground running with a victory in the Supercup.

View attachment 364031

My First Game In Charge - The Svenska Supercup

View attachment 364068

I was nervous pre-match. After all we were defending champions, and the fans expected to reclaim the cup. I knew that we had a good group of players, and that my style of play could rub off onto them. I had doubts about the match fitness of some players, but sent them out anyway. I was expectant, I wanted to win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Svenska Super Cup
Saturday 10th March 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (6-1) Elfsborg

Sorum (x4)
Harbuzi
Bedoya

WOW. I simply cannot believe how well the lads played today. We (or at least Sorum) fired on all cylinders, and we were duly rewarded. We took an early lead, however it was quickly cancelled out through one of Elfsborg's only attacks of the match. From then on we dominated. The passing was slick and the movement was good, and the scoreline shows this. Elfsborg had no answer to our fantastic football, and I was delighted to be able to defend this trophy successfully. It gives us even greater expectation for the season ahead, we're definitely the team to beat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 364081View attachment 364082

The players celebrated, whereas I was a little taken aback by the whole ocassion. Managing my boyhood team, winning my first game in charge and getting to lift a trophy. It was all a little bit too much.

View attachment 364083

March 2012

View attachment 364140

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Sunday 25th March 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (2-0) GIF Sundsvall
(Sorum (x2)

This was an excellent way to kick off the season. Sorum had proven his goal scoring prowess during pre-season and in the super cup, so to carry this on into the league opener was fantastic. A dominant and comfortable opening match.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allsvenskan
Wednesday 28th March 2012
Gamla Ulvelli

GAIS (0-2) Helsinborgs
Sorum
Uronen

The lads put in a good shift in this match. There was some defending to be done, and GAIS did have a goal disallowed. However their defence could not cope with Sorum as he scored and set up a goal. This capped off a very good month for Helsinborgs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to screenshot the League Table, however two games gone, it wouldn't tell you much anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

View attachment 364154

He looks delighted

View attachment 364155

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

A fantastic month, perfect record in the league and a super cup tucked safely away in the Helsinborgs IF trophy cabinet. Happy days!

View attachment 364159

View attachment 364276

Swedish Transfer News

View attachment 364275

Henrik Larsson has pulled off what he called a 'spectacular signing', in successfully bringing Rudi Skacel to Helsinborgs IF. Skacel had been available on a free transfer after his time with Hearts. Larsson saw the 32 year-old attacking midfielder as a perfect addition to his team.

View attachment 364277
(From his successful tenure with Hearts)

Larsson has now added two free signing to his Helsinborgs side. In a press interview he described himself as 'content' with the 'quality and depth' of the squad. This is an indication to most Helsinborgs fans that there will be no more transfer activity.

Larsson has conceded that the financial constraints of Swedish football have held him back somewhat. Helsinborgs IF were unable to put together a suitable pay package for Spanish full back Asier Del Horno. Larsson expressed disappointment at this, but he still feels his team is of sufficient quality to 'challenge for the title.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Notes

Rudi offers us a wealth of experience. Although in the twilight of his career, Rudi still possesses fantastic technical ability combined with mental toughness. His experience will only serve to help the club throughout the coming year.

View attachment 364278

April 2012

View attachment 364287

Allsvenskan
Moday 2nd April 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (3-0) Djurgarden
Sorum
Andersson
Bouaouzan

Our defence gave a stellar performance yet again, coupled a free scoring attack. Although I had intended my tactic to provide goals the defence have so far stood out. I'm delighted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allsvenskan
Saturday 7th April 2012
Rambergsvallen

Hacken (0-1) Helsinborgs

Sorum

4 clean sheets from 4. Sorum is doing well, leading the line. The 4-2-3-1 has worked a treat so far, Rudi has settled in nicely and even set Sorum up for his goal today.

Allsvenskan
Sunday 15th April 2012
Nya Parken

Norrkoping (1-0) Helsinborgs

Our perfect start comes to a frustrating end. The players never got going, and we struggled to construct attacks. Norrkoping got a goal from a corner kick, the man marking on display was dismal. I'll certainly look to address this in training in the coming week.

Allsvenskan
Wednesday 18th April 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (5-0) Orebro SK
Lindstrom (x2)
Sadiku
Sorum
Gashi

I criticized the players after last week's display, and they responded. A dominant and entertaining performance left the fans going home happy. I'm delighted!

Allsvenskan
Sunday 29th April 2012
Strandvallen

Mjallby (0-3) Helsinborgs
Harbuzi
Sorum (x2)

I thought that this would be a tricky affair, however the lads exceeded my expectations. A textbook possession football performance, we passed Mjallby off the park. We are playing some great stuff and the boys are confident.

League Table

gkw9jba.png

Elfsborg have made a great start, we must keep pace with them over the coming months. The league will be close!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Labinot Harbuzi
The new boy has settled in nicely, and has been key to the goal scoring exploits of Sorum. Hopefully he'll kick on from here.

7gewQl5.png

(Didn't screenshot him at the end of the month)

yiT0lmz.jpg

Labinot is clearly happy with his award.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

A good month for Helsinborgs, as we hit the ground running. My philosophy and style of play is rubbing off on the players, and it's really helping our game. I'm happy with were we sit in the League. 5 big league games in May to look forward to, including a clash with Elfsborg at the Olympia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zw3V6gC.png

May 2012

EGkFTAJ.png

Allsvenskan
Sunday 6th May 2012
GuldFageIn Arena

Kalmar FF (1-1) Helsinborgs
Bouaouzan

I was disappointed with this result. I expected the lads to beat Kalmar, but we just couldn't take our chances for some reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Allsvenskan
Wednesday 9th May 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (1-0) Atvidaberg
Sorum

We picked up three scrappy points here. It was a fairly close game, both sides had chances. Sorum eventually broke the deadlock in the 82nd minute, he is a player that we can rely on.

Allsvenskan
Wednesday 13th May 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (4-1) Goteborg
Sorum
Harbuzi
Bedoya
Skacel

We ran riot here. I encourage my creative players to express themselves and be a tad selfish in this game and it paid off. Rudi played a blinder on the left wing, even at his age. Harbuzi and Sorum linked up fantastically. This was all topped off by Bedoya who came off the bench to score a goal. I'm chuffed with this result.

Allsvenskan
Saturday 19th May 2012
Rasunda

AIK (2-1) Helsinborgs
Atta

We didn't really turn up here. I'm frustrated, but I won't make excuses. AIK were impressive, they were lethal, determined and clinical. The same cannot be said of our boys. We have to move on, and give a big response to this defeat.

Allsvenskan
Sunday 27th May 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs IF (3-1) Elfsborg
Sorum
Harbuzi
Andersson

We deliver yet another message to Elfsborg. It was important that we won this one, to prevent Elfsborg from opening up a gap at the top of the League. Just as in the Super Cup we took the game to them, and they looked overwhelmed and lost. Let's hopefully carry this form on into the next month.

League Table

PfJIsw9.png

There we go, top of the league. I thought it would be close, and well...
Only our goal difference has kept us top, this will be some battle for the League.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Par Hansson
Our goalie has given us a few brilliant performances so far in the league, as evidenced by our 6 goals conceded. He gave us another brilliant month, kept us in games and he pulled off some magnificent saves.

L8VmAR4.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

We sit top of the league, that's what I wanted. A few unconvincing performances but the victory over Elfsborg was fantastic. We only have two games next month, so there will be the opportunity for polishing up some weaknesses through training. I'm expecting maximum points in June, that's the expectations that surround potential champions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

klO3UfK.jpg

​---------------------------------------------------------------------

Zw3V6gC.png

June 2012

EGkFTAJ.png

Allsvenskan
Saturday 23rd June 2012
Olympia

Helsinborgs (1-0) Syrianska
Lindstrom

Having a player sent off early left us up against it. I was thoroughly impressed with the resiliency that the players showed to battle for a 1-0 victory.

Allsvenskan
Saturday 30th June 2012
Swedbank Stadion

Malmo FF (1-2) Helsinborgs
Sorum (x2)

He does it again. Two fantastic goals for our main man upfront. He tormented the defence, along with Harbuzi. A great win, we can now kick on into July, a busy month.

League Table

Dgdx2i0.png

With only two games, there's no change. Elfsborg kept pace, and we enter a busy July equal on points at the top.

Player of the Month

Thomas Sorum

His brace against Malmo was enough to earn him the accolade for the second time. When we needed a big performance, he stepped up.

mfJoPbI.png

(His goalscoring exploits are nothing short of impressive!)

Summary

We did what was needed this month. Two wins, that were hard earned. I'm very happy with the core of players we have here at Helsinborgs, they know how to grind out wins. July is a tough month. 4 league games and our first round of matches on our journey (I hope) to the Champions League group stage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zw3V6gC.png

Last edited:
July 2012

EGkFTAJ.png

Allsvenskan
Saturday 7th July 2012
Stromvallen

Gefle (1-2) Helsingborgs
Lindstrom (x2)

We have one man to thank for this victory, Mattias Lindstrom. In a close match, he grabbed two goals in the final ten minutes. I'm chuffed to bits for the veteran winger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allsvenskan
Saturday 14th July 2012
Norrporten Arena

GIF Sundsvall (2-2) Helsingborgs
Atta
Bedoya
I'm not too happy with this one. We should have won, a dominant performance in which we did not get what we deserved, thanks to two defensive errors. Not impressed, these issues will be addressed in training.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Saturday 21st July 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (3-1) GAIS
Atta
Harbuzi
Andersson

We return to form and keep up the pressure on Elfsborg. Sorum was sub-par infront of goal, but his team-mates picked up the slack and delivered a good victory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Sunday 29th July 2012
Stockholms Olympiastadion

Djurgarden (0-0) Helsingborgs

A dull match in which neither team ever threatened. I was disappointed with the lack of ingenuity shown by the lads, there really was no creativity or individuality on display. This match never threatened to be entertaining, a match that the fans will forget quickly.

League Table

igyH3D3.png

We lost ground on Elfsborg. But a two point margain means we are still well in contention. More importantly though, it looks like a two horse race. It will be interesting.

Champions League

9CPCCiq.jpg

This month also marked my managerial debut in the Champions League. I have fond memories of this competition, be it the magnificent atmosphere of Celtic Park or my sub appearance for Barcelona in which we won the coveted trophy. I'm not naive enough to believe that I can win this trophy with Helsingborgs, but I feel a foray into the Group Stages is possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Qualification 2 Leg 1
Wednesday 18th July 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (4-0) TNS
Sorum (x3)
Lindstrom

I expected as much. We lined up against a considerably weaker team, and it showed. Sorum had a field day, and punished the Welsh side. We are as good as through to the next qualification round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champions League Qualification 2 Leg 2
Wednesday 25th July 2012
Greenhous Meadows

TNS (0-3) Helsingborgs
Atta
Lindstrom
Uronen

I didn't want the players to let up. To compete in Europe, you have to be ruthless. I told the players this, and they obliged. A comfortable win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Thomas Sorum
He's been in fine form yet again. An integral part of our team, it is important for Thomas to stay healthy if we are to achieve what we want to this season.
fXwLDhg.png

Summary

I'm happy with the team's progress this month. We progressed to the next round of Champions League qualification with consummate ease. We keep in touch with Elfsborg in the league, just as I hoped we would. August will be a huge month for the club, progression to the Champions League group phase would be a huge financial boost for the club, and give the fans a huge amount to look forward to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zw3V6gC.png

waFOovh.png

Swedish Transfer News

FPODWaD.jpg

Nordmark leaves Helsingborgs

Daniel Nordmark has left Swedish club Helsingborgs IF for new pastures in the middle east. Nordmark has joined Qatari club Al Saad for a fee in the region of £500k. Nordmark had been unsettled at the Olympia, and had handed in a transfer request. He was unhappy at first team opportunities with Helsingborgs and felt that a change of scenery would offer him a chance at regular football.

1guJLWm.jpg

Helsingborgs IF boss Henrik Larsson described him as a 'talented footballer' and wished him well on his 'new footballing adventure.'

bTL5Dg2.png

August 2012

EGkFTAJ.png

Allsvenskan
Sunday 12th August 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (0-0) Hacken

Unimpressive, in a word. I'm not too happy, but in fairness Hacken could have won this aswell. We'll take a draw, I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Sunday 26th August 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (4-1) Mjallby
Uronen
Sorum
Mahlangu
Atta

A fantastic vicotry for the team. We have had Mjallby's number this season, they've barley had a look in against us.

Svenska Cupen

IB1Qlhi.jpg

Svenska Cupen 2nd Round
Sunday 19th August 2012
Lunnevi

Gauthiod (1-4) Helsingborgs
Sorum (x3)
Lindstrom

Thomas likes to play against lesser oppostiton. He had a great day, punishing the defence. I'm not happy at having conceded, but seeing as we outscored them comfortably I suppose I'm happy enough.

Champions League

9CPCCiq.jpg

Champions League Qualification 3 Leg 1
Wednesday 1st August 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (2-2) Kyriat-Shmona
Lindstrom
Sorum

We should have beaten the Isrealies. We were by far the better side. They launched two attacks, and got two goals. That was the difference, they were clinical, we were not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Qualification 3 Leg 2
Wednesday 8th August 2012
Municipal Stadium of Kyriat-Shmona

Kyriat-Shmona (1-3) Helsingborgs
Sorum (x2)
Harbuzi

We knew that we needed a big performance, and the players delivered. Sorum fired us ahead early, and from then on we dominated. Despite a Kyriat reply at 3-0, we knew we were into the playoff section.

Champions League Playoff Leg 1
Tuesday 21st August 2012
Constantin Radulescu

CFR Cluj (0-2) Helsingborgs
Sorum (x2)

An incredible result. I saw this tie, and felt we could get something out of it. But to win 2-0 away from home has surpassed my expectations. I will be massively disappointed if we do not make it to the Group Stages now. The players have raised the expectations!

Champions League Playoff Leg 2
Wednesday 29th August 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (4-1) CFR Cluj
Lindstrom (x2)
Mahlangu
Sorum

The Romanians were unable to compete with our attacking prowess tonight. The wingers tormented their defence, and Mahlangu had a fantastic game in the middle of the park. We secure (surprisingly) easy passage into the Champions League Group Stage.

League Table

3xQp2Yi.png

We sit just two points behind Elfsborg with a game in hand. We've been in good form this past month, and I fully expect the lads to carry this on into the remainder of the season, to ensure we finish first.

Champions League

The Group Stage Draw

BMY3iXR.png

Group D, and we have been handed a tough group. Oil rich Paris Saint Germain, consistent Arsenal and quality filled Benfica will provide us with tough opposition. It will be a learning experience for the players, and for me also, so I'm looking forward to it.

Player of the Month

D88nfTc.png

The veteran winger had a great month. Scoring a good few goals he's impressed me. He's also been a good voice in the dressing room, keeping the younger lads focused and grounded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youth Intake

We had our annual intake this month. I attended the U19s vs youth candidates game, and although the u19s ran out 3-1 winners one player in the candidates team really impressed me.

T3APuTt.png

A physical beast, he charged up and down the right all game. His defensive play was equally good, and I believe that he could certainly graduate to become a Swedish international star.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finances

The progression to the Champions League group stage was a massive financial boost to the club. We were given £7.47 million, which means that we can now offer improved contracts and perhaps construct transfer dealings to compete with other European teams around our standard.

XgIukEV.png

It makes for happy reading!

Summary

My best month at the club so far. To get to the Champions League Group stage in my first year as manager of Helsingborgs is amazing. I cannot wait for the players to compete with the elite of European football. In the league, we've kept on going and I'm confident of our chances.

Zw3V6gC.png

klO3UfK.jpg

September 2012

EGkFTAJ.png

Allsvenskan
Sunday 2nd September 2012
Behrn Arena

Orebro SK (1-2) Helsingborgs
Sorum
Bedoya

A hard fought victory. I was often told that the mark of champions is whether they can win when they don't play well. We did that against Orebro. Not a memorable match, but 3 points all the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Saturday 15th September 2012
Kopparvallen

Atvidaberg (1-3) Helsingborgs
Sorum (x2)
Lindstrom

We passed Atvidaberg off the park. Two away matches on the bounce won, we've really hit our stride and are picking up wins. Things are going well at the club.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Wednesday 26th September 2012
Gamla Ullevi

Goteborg (0-0) Helsingborgs

An uninspiring match in Goteborg. A few chances came our way, nothing substantial. Goteborg had one fantastic chance from a corner, Par saved brilliantly. A draw was the fair result.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allsvenskan
Sunday 30th September 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (2-2) Kalmar FF
Sorum (x2)

I was not at all happy with the lads. The defence really let us down. Two sloppy errors meant we surrendered the lead twice in this game. But that's football, and the lads will learn from their mistakes.

League Table

1dOlLpm.png

This two horse race is just enthralling for the fans. We have matched Elfsborg all the way so far, and now sit 3 points behind with a game in hand. We have just 6 games left including a trip to Elfsborg next month. The players need to focus, only then will we be able to retain our title.

Champions League

9CPCCiq.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Group D
Tuesday 18th September 2012
Olympia

Helsingborgs (2-2) Arsenal
Sorum
Harbuzi

You'd think I was crazy saying that I'm disappointed with this result. It's not a case of the players not taking their chances or the defence playing badly. It's what we could have had. We had the lead heading into the 2nd minute of stoppage time. That was until Podolski broke through our defence and finished calmly past Par. The players were gutted, as was I. However at full time, the fans gave us a rousing round of applauds and sang our praises. It was a special display of support, and it made me supremely proud as a manager.

This left us in 3rd place, as Benfica stole a win away to PSG. Our next Champions League matches come in October, the lads have a trip to Portugal to look forward to, along with the visit of PSG.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

May Mahlangu

FSjpjKX.png

Our South African midfield maestro had his best month with the club. He has been attracting interest from Holland, Scotland and England. It will be tough to hold onto him, but I'm hopeful.

Summary

On the face of thins this was a good month. We kept in touch in the League, and heading into the final straight we are well in contention. We have one point in the Champions League, although I still think it should have been 3. We won't dwell on it. We have two massive bouts in the Champions League next month, in which the players can showcase their talents. The league could well be decided next month, as we travel to Elfsborg, for our most important league match of the year.

Zw3V6gC.png

xxAtSY6.jpg

​---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------