Henry apologises for Gomez tackle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wolves captain Karl Henry apologises to his club for his "horrific" tackle on Jordi Gomez at Wigan.

More...

Dont be sorry Henry, just play like a football player instead of acting like thug.

Naww, isn't that good of him! He should invite him and the missus over for tea!

Seriously though, no use talking if you can't actually apply it. We'll see.

It wasn't that bad. Nice gesture of him though, earning some brownie points.

Ride The Walrus;718555[B said:
]It wasn't that bad[/B]. Nice gesture of him though, earning some brownie points.

Had gomes planted his leg it would have been broken into 2 pieces.

Well, it was wreckless, it was ill-timed, miss-timed and very dangerous.

Had it gone down the route of Hatem Ben Arfa's, it would be all on Henry's head.

It was a woeful tackle but i share Jamie Redknapps comments its just mistimed not thuggish. Terry makes loads of slide tackles but has never broke someones leg its about teaching these things and knowing when to slide and when not too. If we are not carefull slide tackles will be out of the game forever and i don't know about you lot but i love when a player takes the ball 100% its exciting. Definatly a red card though for Henry and i supose he said this so the FA don't take more action.

Because that would be unprofessional. Unlike American football where you can clothesline someone and get away with it.

You'll actually find in sports like Rugby when it's legal to tackle people incredibly hard that the players usually act in a more professional manner than footballers.

Because that would be unprofessional. Unlike American football where you can clothesline someone and get away with it.

100% wrong. Try to stay on topic. (btw how is it professional to clothesline someone, me thinks you need to reevaluate your post)

All I see after his tackles is a few players come over to him and yell. I know if someone on the field was playing maliciously, I'd expect some sort of retribution other than name calling.

100% wrong. Try to stay on topic. (btw how is it professional to clothesline someone, me thinks you need to reevaluate your post)

All I see after his tackles is a few players come over to him and yell. I know if someone on the field was playing maliciously, I'd expect some sort of retribution other than name calling.

My point is, in general, that nobody is going to 'beat the **** out of the guy'. It's unprofessional. I may of misinterpreted American football, but I still stand by the point of which I would be stupid and unethical to hit someone violently because of that tackle.

The foul should be justified by the actions taken by the English FA and, when done, it will have a good impact in keeping a strong and firm front against such tackles.

It's difficult to tell whether this guy is truly malicious or if he is just really rubbish at slide takles, but when push comesto shove, if he knows that he isn't any good at tackles, especially of this nature, he shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

My point is, in general, that nobody is going to 'beat the **** out of the guy'. It's unprofessional. I may of misinterpreted American football, but I still stand by the point of which I would be stupid and unethical to hit someone violently because of that tackle.

The foul should be justified by the actions taken by the English FA and, when done, it will have a good impact in keeping a strong and firm front against such tackles.

but have they taken any action, from my understanding he has been doing this a while, and other than serving bans for red cards, he hasn't had any penalties has he?

I just think someone recklessly endangering teammates and their careers will get a fist to the face eventually. Not everyone is professional (6)

but have they taken any action, from my understanding he has been doing this a while, and other than serving bans for red cards, he hasn't had any penalties has he?

I just think someone recklessly endangering teammates and their careers will get a fist to the face eventually. Not everyone is professional (6)

Well, that may be, but however, he will get his comeuppnace. Whether it's today, tomorrow, next week - five or even ten years from now. It will come.

But not a fist to the face.

Back