TJOzzy90

Reaction score
View attachment 101665 View attachment 1107513View attachment 101664

ASTON VILLA- 17.3.1 Database (Including Jan Transfers)

With the recent FM update I've decided to start a new save, I was looking for a team that had quality to be promoted & also had players I could make money on in the future either as future stars or in the current squad and develop any players I wished to keep long term, After looking through the January business it was a toss up between the 2 Championship power houses ASTON VILLA & NEWCASTLE.

Newcastle had done little January business apart from selling Tiote yet there squad was really too good for this league, a team full of good players but thought you'd just have grief if you didn't sell Mitrovic, Ayoze, Mbemba, Lascelles etc, though I was tempted by the huge number of young players I could develop yet they are a ready made Premier league team.

Villa had been more pro active in the January market as they were a bit Unbalanced in the original patch but still had a bit of a mixed bag squad wise and a few players who you think will only be good for 1 season in the Championship but the club did have a busy summer bringing in Gollini, Tshibola, MCcormack, Chester, Jedinak, De Laet & Adomah then in January got rid of a few of these players they bought I the summer…. Gollini, McCormack, Tshibola & Cissokho all left on loan as well as selling Westwood, Ayew & Gestede.

They were also busy bringing in players in January, Sam Johnstone joined on loan from Utd replacing Gollini, Lansbury, Hourihane & Bjarnason came in and were upgrades to replace Westwood & Tshibola, Youngster James Bree joined at RB, Neil Taylor replaced Cissokho as a upgrade at LB and Hogan came in up top, similar yet younger version of McCormack, we are lacking up top now losing Ayew & Gestede though I would of sold Gestede anyway.

Overall although the club has bought in players in the summer that aren’t here (Annoyingly) the January signings give a better look to the overall squad. We aren’t that short up top with Kodja, Hogan & Kozak and the rest of the squad balanced seems slightly better apart from lacking maybe a winger.
The only transfer business I plan to conduct is a few youth signings and possibly a loan or two & wait until January or the end of the year.