Heskey retires from international football

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, but over priced..and judging by his world cup antics..lazy... "he wasn't 'feeling' it" is not an acceptable excuse, he is supposed to be one of the best england has to offer and part of the job is consistancy, if you can't play proffessional football for that wage and for your team.. theen there is a slight edge of lethargy in there.
that same can be levelled at every player on the side. so why people feel the need to blame him particularly is beyond me

i'm not.. just pulling up on the rooney thing.. if anything i think David James was the only player who played proffessional international standard football for the team in the world cup.

i'm not.. just pulling up on the rooney thing.. if anything i think David James was the only player who played proffessional international standard football for the team in the world cup.
my point was having a bad world cup doesnt make you a lazy player. anyway guess we'll either play 4-2-3-1 or crouch will play in the modern 4-4-2, which capello should give up because our players are too tactically inept for it

This is a good thing.

His work-rate is exceptional most of the time, but it just isn't enough to warrant a place anymore.

Thank **** for that... Hopeffully one or two more will do the same.

I think he was a great guy off the pitch - one of the few respectable footballers around. But seriously. 7 goals in 50 odd games is not good enough for a so-called "striker" He'd be a better defender, for all the chances he ruins...

Whether you loved him or hated, you couldn't fault him for desire, work rate and passion. Heskey was unique, and many accomplished goalscorers have praised him to the heavens.

We'll miss you, Emile!

Status
Not open for further replies.