hey bit of a problem with my regen.

dilakh2

Reaction score
Im currently playing as plymouth in league 2 and to my surprise in my first youth intake despite having not that good youth recruitment i pull a gem. only problem is he probably wont realise his potential due to my poor youth and training facilities. as you can see fro his training report it states he needs better challenges to progress which is a nice way of saying your facilities are too **** poor for him. i just wanted to know what other way i can improve him and help realise his potential, or is it just a lost cause considering the club im at.

It may mean he needs more first team game time. try sticking him in as sub if you don't feel confident enough to start him

Im currently playing as plymouth in league 2 and to my surprise in my first youth intake despite having not that good youth recruitment i pull a gem. only problem is he probably wont realise his potential due to my poor youth and training facilities. as you can see fro his training report it states he needs better challenges to progress which is a nice way of saying your facilities are too **** poor for him. i just wanted to know what other way i can improve him and help realise his potential, or is it just a lost cause considering the club im at.

Is he already playing regularly?

The facilities mean he won't necessarily progress as fast, but he should still improve so long as he plays. His hidden personality attributes will play a big role on in whether he develops or not - professionalism and ambition are key. What does the scouting report say about those? If they are lower a negative, you might want to consider having him tutored.

The facilities mean he won't necessarily progress as fast, but he should still improve so long as he plays. His hidden personality attributes will play a big role on in whether he develops or not - professionalism and ambition are key. What does the scouting report say about those? If they are lower a negative, you might want to consider having him tutored.

his personality is fairly determined which is good, only reason i dont wanna tutor him as most of my forward players have low determination which will mean his determination will decrease. i guess your right ill just have to continue to play him and pester the board to improve facilities.

If he's already playing regularly in League 2 and needs better challenges, he's probably too good for the league and should be playing at a higher level.

As Bigpapa pointed out, facilities has little to do with challenge and more to do with rate of development. You should push for promotion before he outgrows the club.

his personality is fairly determined which is good, only reason i dont wanna tutor him as most of my forward players have low determination which will mean his determination will decrease. i guess your right ill just have to continue to play him and pester the board to improve facilities.

Determination is a playing attribute and doesn't affect how a player trains and/or develops. Its a good playing attribute to have, as it means the player isn't easily discouraged in matches. But for training you want Professionalism (how hard they work to apply themselves) and, slightly less importantly, Ambition (they have the ambition to get better). Determination used to affect training - or was perceived to - but no longer does.

From what I could find, the personality description of Fairly Determined means the following:
Fairly Determined Det 15-20, Pro 1-14, Spo 5-20, Pre 1-16

So if he's at the upper end of that Professionalism range, he would be fine. But if he's lower, its going to hinder his development more than your facilities will. Look at the coaches reports on him to see if they note anything specifc about his Professionalism. If not, its probably in the middling range and you may want to find someone with better Professionalism to tutor them. In terms of development, Professionalism matters more than Determination.

Determination is a playing attribute and doesn't affect how a player trains and/or develops. Its a good playing attribute to have, as it means the player isn't easily discouraged in matches. But for training you want Professionalism (how hard they work to apply themselves) and, slightly less importantly, Ambition (they have the ambition to get better). Determination used to affect training - or was perceived to - but no longer does.

From what I could find, the personality description of Fairly Determined means the following:

So if he's at the upper end of that Professionalism range, he would be fine. But if he's lower, its going to hinder his development more than your facilities will. Look at the coaches reports on him to see if they note anything specifc about his Professionalism. If not, its probably in the middling range and you may want to find someone with better Professionalism to tutor them. In terms of development, Professionalism matters more than Determination.

thank you so much for the deep insight, ill look to tutor him with my striker who has high professionalism

you were right i guess his proffesionalism is in the middle range. btw this is his coach report

you were right i guess his proffesionalism is in the middle range. btw this is his coach report

At least its not likely at the lowest end, or it would be noted in the coaches report. It sucks when you see Determination drop, and it seems like the younger player is more likely to reject a tutor who has lower Determation, but its worth trying. Just watch for PPMs that you want and don't want transferred. You can always look for players who can be signed to function as tutors if they have good personality types and good PPMs.

Stealing this from another forum but it can be helpful:

• Model Citizen Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Pre 18-20, Amb 18-20, Loy 18-20, Spo 18-20, Tem 18-20
  • Model Professional Pro 20, Tem 10-20
  • Professional Pro 18-19, Tem 10-20
  • Perfectionist Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Amb 18-20, Tem 1-9
  • Driven Det 20, Amb 10-20
  • Determined Det 18-19, Amb 10-20
  • Very Ambitious Amb 20, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Amibitous Amb 16-19, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Honest Spo 20, Det 1-9
  • Sporting Spo 18-19, Det 1-9
  • Very Loyal Loy 20, Amb 6-7
  • Loyal Loy 18-19, Amb 6-7
  • Iron Willed Pre 20, Det 15-20
  • Resilient Pre 17-19, Det 15-20
  • Light-Hearted Pre 15-20, Spo 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 1-17
  • Spirited Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 11-17, Spo 1-14
  • Jovial Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 1-10, Spo 1-14
  • Resolute Pro 15-20, Det 15-20, Pre 1-16
  • Fairly Professional Pro 15-20, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Determined Det 15-20, Pro 1-14, Pre 1-16
  • Fairly Amibitous Amb 15-20, Pro 1-14, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Loyal Loy 15-20, Pro 1-14, Det 1-14, Amb 1-14
  • Fairly Sporting Spo 15-20, Pro & Det & Amb & Loy all 1-14
  • Balanced Pro 1-14, Det 1-14, Amb 1-14, Loy & Spo 1-14
  • Born Leader Inf 20 & Det 20. Age needs to be 23+ (if age requirement not met, he would be Driven).
  • Devoted Loy 20 & Amb 6-7
  • Leader Inf 19 or Inf 20 & Det < 20

At least its not likely at the lowest end, or it would be noted in the coaches report. It sucks when you see Determination drop, and it seems like the younger player is more likely to reject a tutor who has lower Determation, but its worth trying. Just watch for PPMs that you want and don't want transferred. You can always look for players who can be signed to function as tutors if they have good personality types and good PPMs.

Stealing this from another forum but it can be helpful:
  • Model Citizen Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Pre 18-20, Amb 18-20, Loy 18-20, Spo 18-20, Tem 18-20
  • Model Professional Pro 20, Tem 10-20
  • Professional Pro 18-19, Tem 10-20
  • Perfectionist Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Amb 18-20, Tem 1-9
  • Driven Det 20, Amb 10-20
  • Determined Det 18-19, Amb 10-20
  • Very Ambitious Amb 20, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Amibitous Amb 16-19, Loy 1-9, Det 1-17
  • Honest Spo 20, Det 1-9
  • Sporting Spo 18-19, Det 1-9
  • Very Loyal Loy 20, Amb 6-7
  • Loyal Loy 18-19, Amb 6-7
  • Iron Willed Pre 20, Det 15-20
  • Resilient Pre 17-19, Det 15-20
  • Light-Hearted Pre 15-20, Spo 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 1-17
  • Spirited Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 11-17, Spo 1-14
  • Jovial Pre 15-20, Tem 10-20, Pro 1-10, Spo 1-14
  • Resolute Pro 15-20, Det 15-20, Pre 1-16
  • Fairly Professional Pro 15-20, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Determined Det 15-20, Pro 1-14, Pre 1-16
  • Fairly Amibitous Amb 15-20, Pro 1-14, Det 1-14
  • Fairly Loyal Loy 15-20, Pro 1-14, Det 1-14, Amb 1-14
  • Fairly Sporting Spo 15-20, Pro & Det & Amb & Loy all 1-14
  • Balanced Pro 1-14, Det 1-14, Amb 1-14, Loy & Spo 1-14
  • Born Leader Inf 20 & Det 20. Age needs to be 23+ (if age requirement not met, he would be Driven).
  • Devoted Loy 20 & Amb 6-7
  • Leader Inf 19 or Inf 20 & Det < 20

i get what your saying the last thing i need is him to learn unnecessary ppm. anyway you have been of great help mate, thanks so much. havent play fm since 2011 so i was used to thinking that determination affected training.