DoyleMusgrave

Reaction score
Playing FM since the 2009 version and updating every two years it was most fun to build a dynasty with these traditional greats from the days gone by. It was Liverpool, Arsenal (well, in 2011 they were pretty far away from the top seeds...) and Cologne (my hometown) since then. So with the FM 2015 again I've looked out for a club that has a certain track record but his glory days past. The challenge will be to bring them back on top with a strong and competitive squad and establish it as a force for longer by bringing in prospects, home-grown players preferred. It took me not long to see that this time Internazionale are the top of the pick for more that one reason:

- above the average players on some vital positions (GK, DC, D LR, DM/MC and in front)
- some bright talent, esp. Kovacic and Icardi, also look out for Mbaye
- solid staff
- a huge stadium and a devoted fanbase
- pretty ambitious Board
- money to move in the market for a reasonable squad improvement
- a long distance to go to when looking at the leading clubs i.e. Bayern, Madrid and Chelsea

After firing several not-too-overpayed staff and picking a good GK coach, a fitness coach and Jaap Stam as new Asst. Manager (also great Defense coaching) I concentrated on reshaping the squad that has a wage overhead in the full back and midfield positions with Jonathan, Obi, Dodo, Kuzmanovic and esp. Guarín in particular. Their wages are not reflecting their value for this team and they can all be sold at reasonable rates with Dodo returning to Roma respectively and joining in two years anyway. Don't forget to beg for a higher transfer revenue before! Guarín for example can then bring in some six mio euros of cash to spend and moreover the same amount of wages.

While I focused on the attacking department in the beginning with attempts to get Andriy Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev it became obvious that this challenge has a little more left. He'll join the likes of Chelsea or Tottenham for money or glory reasons. Both fields that Inter is coming short in the European view... Well, go further then. Look for the gems from the backyards, find them in Prague (Krejci from Sparta Prague) or in Argentina (Lucas Romero of Velez) or in Brasil (Gabriel Barbosa of Santos descent). Since Lucas Romero has a lot to offer in the centre of the park with 18 already and can also be trained to become a wide midfielder for the right side, Ladislav Krejci brings in a package of pretty necessary attacking skills that the present squad undoubtely lacks of. Barbosa is a well-trained and complete forward who also brings quality to the right winger position that Inter also is well below average.

As Yuto Nagatomo leads in all the touchline positions you should bring in reliable players there. Back in Italy, you may find Metteo Darmian and Manuel Pasqual just around the corner. Both are quite versatile and will have any reason to perform from day one.

Next for loan business: Suso may come, also Ruben Neves from Portugal (build a relationshsip, he's having a great future obviously), Jack Grealish from Villa (like Neves, you bind him to Inter emotionally and then could get him under contract since he will be available in a year!). While the full-back transfers have put Inter in a strong position you might get Salva Ruiz on loan from Valencia, maybe late in the transfer period, but like before he shows great propositions for his position and could develop a relationship with the club. He seems to be a promising player, anyway.

You see, there's not too much to do in order to strengthen the squad and you may still have some money to bring in suitable youth prospects from all over. For them, Inter is still shining bright enough. Proper scouting is obligatory but with Casiraghi, Samaden, Giavardi and Burgnich there's a bunch of scouts already under contract who supply the intelligence you need.

Now over, it will be tactics that I focus on next time.

Thanks for your inspiration. I love this game and the community playing it and bringing in so much more to the challenge that only FM is capable of...