Willem90

Reaction score
Hi,

I find it important to get young players before they are 18 to the club. I have a small question though. Im playing in the PL, if i get an 18y/o to sign for my team and i lend him out to a lower division team, does he still get the club HG status that is required for the CL?

If im not mistaking, there is a difference with spain HG status no?

Right now im buying alot of youngsters but they need to play and i dont have so many spots. I want alot of club grown players

He loses his HG status for club but keeps for nation.

ok so basicly i need to keep him at the club until he gets the club grown status and then lend him out or give him some chances in the team.

Btw, if you buy a 19y/o, can he still reach club status? 3 years at the club until 21 = 19,20 and 21y at the club?

ok so basicly i need to keep him at the club until he gets the club grown status and then lend him out or give him some chances in the team.

Btw, if you buy a 19y/o, can he still reach club status? 3 years at the club until 21 = 19,20 and 21y at the club?

No, but 18y old will became HG even if you loan him for 3 years. Loaned out players are still club's players.

Yea you should wait to loan him out if you buy him at 18. If you buy him at 16 or 17, you can loan him out at 18 and 19 and have him at the club at 20 to get his 3rd year.

and he has to be at the club 3 years by the time he TURNS 21. So you would have to have him at your club on his 19th birthday for him to gain HG status.

No, but 18y old will became HG even if you loan him for 3 years. Loaned out players are still club's players.

Don't believe this is true. Home Grown in FM12 describes itself as "trained at club". If he's on loan, he isn't being trained by your own club. Plus I've loaned out a few of my players at young ages and they haven't gained HG status yet despite having them for over 3 years.

Don't believe this is true. Home Grown in FM12 describes itself as "trained at club". If he's on loan, he isn't being trained by your own club. Plus I've loaned out a few of my players at young ages and they haven't gained HG status yet despite having them for over 3 years.

Don't remember who I bought who just turned 18 and loaned out 3 years and then he was HG back in 12.

There are 2 types of home grown.

HG trained in nation
HG trained at club

Both are fairly self explanatory.

There are 2 types of home grown.

HG trained in nation
HG trained at club

Both are fairly self explanatory.

i mainly asked this question because one of my friends was convinced you could lend out players and still get them HG at club for the CL.

Ty for the responses every1

but you own him I think you're taking it too literally..