Vanjagl

Premium
Reaction score
Title says it all. What do I need to do to win? But there's a catch. I don't want to use some exploits like overlapping fullbacks who are never tracked back by wingers.

Lets see, I would like to play short passing game, with slower tempo to allow my midfielder/s to join attack.
Also, I would like to sit back a bit. So its not pure possession game, but allows creativity trough passing.
I don't want to pump balls all the time to my striker. The only way my striker gets the ball is when my midfielders/defenders pump the ball to him.
Would like to play more through the centre, but also having a wingers/IF/AP.

Thats pretty much it. If someone can teach me, I would be grateful.

Hi venlagl, I wouldn't consider utilizing overlapping fullbacks as exploiting game mechanics but rather a legitimate instruction, that being said I think you've already outlined how you would need to setup in terms of team instructions so the only big question is formation and player roles. I designed a tactic based on your requirements and although it is largely untested early results have been positive so here's the link:
[/COLOR]]Salty's control_53FE89B7-5AB2-4793-92AC-9208E2B7E543

Hi venlagl, I wouldn't consider utilizing overlapping fullbacks as exploiting game mechanics but rather a legitimate instruction, that being said I think you've already outlined how you would need to setup in terms of team instructions so the only big question is formation and player roles. I designed a tactic based on your requirements and although it is largely untested early results have been positive so here's the link:
[/COLOR]]Salty's control_53FE89B7-5AB2-4793-92AC-9208E2B7E543

When over 60% of your goals come from the flanks, from crosses from your fullbacks, I would consider it exploit.

Anyway, thanks for the tactic.

Watch matches or even just parts of matches in full. It becomes so easy to spot issues then.

Watch matches or even just parts of matches in full. It becomes so easy to spot issues then.
Thanks for the imput, even though it does not help at all because it doesnt fix the problem. I have already indentified the problem.

Thanks for the imput, even though it does not help at all because it doesnt fix the problem. I have already indentified the problem.
Yes, but LOOK at why? If they're lumping balls forward, it's because they don't see passing options within the instructions you set or they lack the vision to see it.

Yes, but LOOK at why? If they're lumping balls forward, it's because they don't see passing options within the instructions you set or they lack the vision to see it.
Thats helpful!
I have no idea how to set up my players not to lump the ball to the striker when they do have better options. Or I would think they have. I could upload SS of my tactic, instruction and everything if it would help.

Thats helpful!
I have no idea how to set up my players not to lump the ball to the striker when they do have better options. Or I would think they have. I could upload SS of my tactic, instruction and everything if it would help.
That's where the "watching a part of a match" would come in. ;)

You don't know what to change because you haven't looked at what needs changing yet. Just pause the match just before the player lumps it. Look to see if there are options.

That's where the "watching a part of a match" would come in. ;)

You don't know what to change because you haven't looked at what needs changing yet. Just pause the match just before the player lumps it. Look to see if there are options.

Thats the part I need help with ;)

Thats the part I need help with ;)
You need help watching a match?

Seriously though, why not post a PKM and highlight to us which passage of play is an issue. A once of passage of play may be nothing, but if it's something you keep seeing, there's a definite issue. Or screenshot/video it. Something. And obviously then include a screenshot of the tactic as well.

Edit: If you do, make sure to actually watch it yourself and think about what could be done to help the situation.

Last edited:
You need help watching a match?

Seriously though, why not post a PKM and highlight to us which passage of play is an issue. A once of passage of play may be nothing, but if it's something you keep seeing, there's a definite issue. Or screenshot/video it. Something. And obviously then include a screenshot of the tactic as well.

Edit: If you do, make sure to actually watch it yourself and think about what could be done to help the situation.

It's like telling the kid who doesn't know how to read to open the book and read. You can see the letters, you know they are letters, but you have no idea what each letter sounds like.

I'll upload some pkms later. Cheers.

It's like telling the kid who doesn't know how to read to open the book and read. You can see the letters, you know they are letters, but you have no idea what each letter sounds like.

I'll upload some pkms later. Cheers.
Poor analogy. ;)

Anyone with eyes can spot issues. You may not know how to fix it, but spotting an issue is unbelievably simple. Just very, very few people take 2 minutes to do it. That's why I asked that you look at the problem passage of play as well. You'll be surprised at how you can also spot issues.