Hi you Tactical Geniuses, I have a question about sweepers.

Velveti

Reaction score
What type of defensive line would optimize the use of a sweeper? I am making a new tactic with 3 central defenders, with two stoppers and a sweeper. The way I see it, a deeper defensive line would work best, but I want to make sure. Thanks you guys.

Think a deeper defensive line would work best in optimizing the role, since you're mostly forfeiting an offside trap. Not too deep though, since you'll be wanting to restrict the players before they get into the area, with the sweeper just clearing whatever gets through. I'd think one of the lower "normal" settings on the slide would be a good choice as first attempt.

I play a high defensive line with play offside.

I do this because I play not with a sweeper but with a libero, attacking minded. So the libero pushes up, and the 2 central defenders (I've set on defend as stopper hasn't given me the right results) put the strikers offside.

Only downside to this is that when they do sneak in, strikers usually have a shot on goal unmarked

I play a high defensive line with play offside.

I do this because I play not with a sweeper but with a libero, attacking minded. So the libero pushes up, and the 2 central defenders (I've set on defend as stopper hasn't given me the right results) put the strikers offside.

Only downside to this is that when they do sneak in, strikers usually have a shot on goal unmarked

I was thinking of using libero as well. Tell me, how has your tactic worked so far?