Reaction score
Alright lads, welcome to my new story/update of the famous "Hibernian F.C from the capital." Read through various stories throughout here and made the decision to make one myself once the full release of FM14 happened, so here we are. Inspired by the cracking Aberdeen story by Stone Cold and also W4NKER'S Sir Alex Ferguson save, this one is all about taking Hibernian to the top!

zwi4k6.jpg

Name - Hibernian F.C
Nickname - Hibees
Year Founded - 1875
Stadium - Easter Road (20,421)

124iql3.png

Background Information

As you can see above, 4 top division titles, 5 championship titles (formerly division 1), 2 Scottish cups and 3 League cups. Indeed a club with history, however their last domestic trophy has already been 6 years and counting when back in 2007 they lifted the League Cup. However, they have not won the top division, now known as the Premiership since 1952. It's time to turn that around (attempt to) and start adding more and even different trophies to the cabinet (Europe perhaps?).

Fierce Rivals - Hearts of Midlothian

Currently the "biggest" derby in the SPFL, with Rangers currently floating around in the minor-leagues. (Yes I know, they will be back!) Two teams, one city and full of hatred, embarrassments and some amazing games of football. Between the two sides, both have walked away with many victories and loses, however it's fair to say that over the past-decade that Hearts have been the more successful of the two. DESPITE, them currently being in administration, and points deducted from them ~ they will still always have the embarrassing "5-1" Scottish Cup final victory of Hibernian, which is brought up to any supporter at chance. Even with them struggling in the league, facing doom and certain relegation this year, they still have won both derbies played this season (which eventually cost Pat Fenlon his job).

Throughout this "story", not only would I like to be successful with Hibernian F.C and bring them to become the top team in Scotland, Britain-..oh screw it.. in Europe I would also like to embarrass Hearts, get our wins back and force them to be left gutted in the middle of Hampden Park, after being humiliated in a cup final or better yet, watch them fall in to the "minor leagues".

Goals/Objectives

• [*=center]"Dethrone" the Old Firm grip on Scottish Football by becoming the top club in Scotland.
    [*=center]Avenge the humiliating cup defeat from Hearts.
    [*=center]Win a European Competition.

(P.S ~ No, I'm not a Hibs fan, hope you enjoy!)

Formation

2dkmx6o.png

The formation i've decided to play with for the season, after looking through the team it would biggest attacking threat would be wingers, however we also have a strong midfield to. The plan is to control the midfield, with a strong holding midfielders. On the wings, we will hit them fast with pace where two strikers will be leaching for a nice simple nod home, or tap in. (That's the plan anyways!)

x1kpcz.png

As you can see, nothing fancy about this style of play. Very basic, and very simple. Control the game, direct passes out to our threatening wingers, who will then make there devilish runs and feed our strikers. No point trying all this Barcelona fancy stuff, it isn't going to work, or various reasons. One, we don't have the players and two, well it's Scottish football.

Transfers

6dqxs8.png

Start with who be brought in, shall we? First in the list is young Colombian striker Victor Zapata. Only 19, with a good future ahead of him. Obviously brought in on a free and sent out on loan to develop and if he reaches his potential, we're talking about a good skillful SPFL striker in the future. If not? Then I can always make money off him, I mean he was free!

Next was Keith Treacy, simply brought in for depth on loan from Burnley. Covering the attacking-mid on the left side, with good enough stats four our league and reported back as a "leading-star" for the Premiership. I would say that's decent cover.

Next is another Colombian youngster, this time it's Esteben Lopez. At only 18 years of age, he already has fantastic stats on the wing, in terms of natural fitness and pace. Exactly what i'm looking for, plus has time to increase his others as he progresses. Once again, sent out on loan for development and if reaches his potential, he will become a "star in the Premiership" to quote my scouts.

Alex Nimely, extremely pleased with this signing. A young striker on loan from Manchester City who is already good-enough to fit straight into the starting line-up. Fast paced, i'm sure he will cause defenses problems as he will hopefully get onto a lot of balls from my wingers.

Pietro De Giorgio is a first for me, had never heard of him until this year. He was offered to me and when I got my scout report back, I was pleasantly surprised. A leading star for Premiership and very skillful stats, which would be sure to cause many problems down the right-hand side of the pitch for my opposition, however he is 30 years old. Which made the loan move, a more sensible choice.

zsjmvk.png

As you can see, more players left than came in. However it was all youngsters, sent out for experiance. Keeping hold of all of my main squad. The great-thing is with Hibernian is they have some cracking little youngsters coming up through the ranks, now hopefully including the two Colombians I brought in as well. The two to look out for are Sam Stanton, a midfielder with good stats and great potential who went out on season-loan to Colchester and striker Danny Handling who has the potential to become one of the best strikers in the league who went out on loan to Dundee.

Pre-Season/ Europa League Qualifiers

zkgabq.png

Time to get our formation in order, and get the players working well together. A couple of tricky friendlies in there such as Grasshoppers and of course the Europa League Qualifiers due to Hibernian getting to the Scottish Cup Final last year (despite losing).

As you can see with the results, we happily send Latvian side Ventspils out with a comfortable 4-1 aggregate win to proceed to the next round of the Europa League, where was was drawn with Slovakian side MSK Zilinia.
The first game was away at there ground, where we won 3-2 to put ourselves in control of the tie, not only are we in the lead but also have three away goals, surely we couldn't screw this up in the second leg at home?

fpa3xz.png

RAGING! I mean, four goals at home isn't acceptable, typical Hibernian style we absolute bottle it! After ten minutes, we was two-nil down and threw away our advantage. I was then 3-0 with only twenty minutes played, we had crumbled, no more away goal advantage and was two goals behind on aggregate. However, we FINALLY woke up and got back into the game and scored just before halftime with a Michael Nelson header. Three minutes into the second half, that man Nelson again made it 3-2! We was back level on aggregate, but extra time beckoned. However, Rowan Vine scored with 15 minutes remaining, to make it 3-3 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate and I can I admit, i was going f**king mental. However, heartbreak was to happen as they equalized on the 82nd minute to win 4-3 on the night, and go through on away goals on aggregate (4-4).

Last edited:
August 2013 - That will do for starters!

Hibernian 2-0 Motherwell
A good start to the season, picking up three points and a clean-sheet. Paul Heffernan scoring a double.

Hearts 1-2 Hibernian
This will do for starters on our way to avenge those embarrassing results against them. Two new signings on the score sheet, Alex Nimley scoring his first goal of the season, becoming an instant hero with the fans. The other by new winger, Pietro De Giorgio.

Hibernian 2-3 Dundee United
A little annoying, considering we outdone them in shots and possession, however it's the goals what count and simply they scored more than us today. We didn't wake up until we was two-nil down, almost a repeat of the Europe League game against Zilina.

Kilmarnock 2-4 Hibernian
Nice little comeback, after going a goal down we showed good character to level the game and then go on and make it ours. A double from James Collins and Alex Nimley gave us a convincing win at Rugby Park.

Hibernian 2-1 Ross County
That man again, Alex Nimley with another two goals to give us an expected win over struggling Ross County to continue our good start to the season.

2q8nkv5.png

Player of the Month - Alex Nimley
Five goals in his first month, makes him an instant impact, especially his first goal coming against rivals Hearts at Tynecastle in the first Derby of the season.

League Position - 1st
Forgot to screenshot the league table as I am a month
in front so you will have to wait until next months, but we're sitting top of the league after the opening couple of games, which is nice but there's a long way to go.

Same, a hibee here :D whats harris' potential like and how good is he?

Same, a hibee here :D whats harris' potential like and how good is he?
Good enough for first team straight away and has great potential as some English prem clubs are interested most of the time. Handling and Forster also good