Hibernian FC back to the glory days!!!!

mattvik30

Reaction score
I have decided to manage my local and favourite team Hibernian Football Club. As many of know the Scottish Premier league has been dominated for many years by the old firm and no other scottish side has a chance. I was going to restrict myself to signing only Scottish born players but i figure for the first few seasons i will have a tough enough job on my hands, but this is something that i plan to do a few seasons in. Anyway here goes!

Hibernian football club start with a transfer budget of 275k and a wage budget of 34k. This giving me only a spare 5k left of the transfer budget to play around with.

The current hibs team is not too bad but has been badly weakend over the past 5 years due to bigger clubs always buying our best players to keep the clubs finances balanced. The current first team is not bad a couple of the better players available are:

Gary O´conner - started his career at hibs before moving in a big money deal to Spartak Moscow, then a couple of years in England with likes of Birmingham city etc. He has definently returned a far better player for it and should be good for 20+ goals a season (well here´s hoping!)

Ivan Sproule - Very fast versatile right winger, who can take on the best of players and is also not shy of goal either.

Leigh Griffiths - Played for Dundee in the SPL before moving to Wolves where he did not make the cut, so he is now back on loan with us for the season. He was good goal scorer in fm 2011, so if he is of a similar level in the version then i will have a strikeforce that should be a handful for most SPL sides and maybe even the oldfirm.

Ian Murray - Versatile defender and Captain, who can play almost anywhere in defence and midfield. He had a spell at Rangers before returning to Hibs. He should be our rock at the back.

Daniel Galbraith - Born in Edinburgh but got his break a Manchester United but was released at the end of his contract due to injury, should also give us some good options on the left wing.

Apart from that the team has good depth but we still need to get a few more faces in before the season starts to strengthen some areas of the park. I will be looking to add a central defender, another stricker and a central midfielder.

Due to our lack of transfer budget and wage budget i will probably have to release a few of the first team to free up some extra money for wages. I have decided to release Shaun Welsh and Graham Stack, which has given me an extra 1.5k per week for wages.

After a quick look at the transfer market there does not really seem to be any decent players within our budget at the moment, so i have opted to bring in some experience through some free transfers. This is who we have managed to sign:

Marco Materazzi (37 yrs old) Free transfer Wages 2.5k. - Even at 37 years old a big name signing like this is surely a steal. He may even be the biggest named player to ever play for Hibs, well except for George Best! He will give the squad a great deal of experience and although he is a bit on the slow side im sure he will still be able to get around this with his experience.

Francis Jeffers - (32 yrs old) Free Transfer Wages=2.5k Another expierenced player, who back his his prime could bang in the goal, so lets hope he can find his best again

Richard Hughes - (32 yrs old) Free Transfer Wages = 1.7k. Another player who has premership experience and should bolster the midfield, he is also Scottish which is a bonus!

So thats probably the squad complete and i am confident that the squad should now be capable of finishing 3rd in my first season, but i will have a better understanding once we get some pre-season games underway.

You released Stack?? That leaves you with just one GK to last a season?? You've added some experienced heads to a young-ish squad, goodluck to you, hope you succeed.

Update

Yes i released stack as he was on 900 a week and needed to balance out the wage budget. I now have Mark Brown and have promoted Paul Grant from the youth team as he was having a good string of perfomances in the reserves. Stack had been having a few poor performances in pre-season fumbling the ball on two occasions. I would like to add a more experiences backup keeper but have had a bid rejected for inverness goalkeeper Ryan Essen, so may just stick with the line up until ther january transfer window.

Pre-season has gone great for us. Here are how our fixtures have planned out:

Hibernian FC 2 vs 1 Hibernian Reserves
Palsson & O'conner

Dundee 1 vs 2 Hibernian FC
Sproule & O'conner

Queen of Sth 0 vs 5 Hibernian FC
Materazzi, Jeffers & O'Conner x3

Rochdale 0 vs 3 Hibernian FC
Griffiths x2 & Sproule

Hibernian FC 2 vs 1 Southampton
Own goal & O'Conner

Hibernian FC 2 vs 1 Sunderland
Sproule & Harris

Bangor City 0 vs 4 Hibernian FC
Wright, Hart & Hanlon x2

As you can see pre-season has gone very well with us having a 100% win streak so confidence is high at easter road. A few predicted easy wins, but the two home results against Southampton and Sunderland have been a massive boost for the team with the SPL kicking off next week.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Our opening fixture of the season is at home to Glasgow Celtic, which would not have been our preferred opening fixture, but with the form we are on atthe minute we feel we can still make a gain of it. We do however have Materazzi, Griffiths and Jeffers all out through injury.

Hibernian FC 0 vs 0 Celtic

A good result. Celtic were all over us in the first half with our defence looking a bit ropey. The 4-4-2 formation was not working as they were out passing us in midfield, so we opted for an extra man in midfield with a change to a 4-5-1 formation with O'conner upfront as a lone striker. The formation worked a treat as the second half was a different story, with pundits saying the we deserved nothing less than a win.

Inverness 1 vs 2 Hibernian
Hanlon & Agogo

A good comeback as we were a goal down at half time without us really creating any chances, but after half time we were a different team and dominated the possesion getting the result.

Im still in the market to add another player to the squad prefferably a midfielder, so if anyone can recommend a good player for less than 250k then let me know?

Well played, strange with stack, always been solid for me, good results, what formation do you play with what players??

23/10/11

How can i show a screen shot on here? so that i canupload my formation and tactics etc?

Upload the screenshot onto a site like photobucket and it should give you a

Good start mate.

I did the same thing with Hibs and let go off Stack mainly because I don't like the man in real life. It did cause problems though as soon as I got rid of him I got an injury to my number one.

Post up some screenshots of your team.

@ Bobby & Dave...don''t think Mattvik needs the help anymore..his last post on here was 4 weeks ago oO)

Im currently playing as Hibernian (My motives are not as noble, I just like the team colors :p) I bought Materazzi in to. I gotta say for an older player he is quite robust, rarely injured not to mention fantastic leader!