Dave1875

Reaction score
So after my save for my first Hibs story decided to crash and fail to load, I've waited till the 15.3.0 update to start a new story. I'm using a up-to-date Sortitout transfer update, as well as a custom database that basically has filled in blanks since the Sortitoutsi update is dated March 1st, i.e. Stuart McCall is Rangers manager & Andrew Driver is an Aberdeen player

HIBERNIAN F.C.

View attachment 292506

Since their founding in 1875 Hibernian have been considered one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football. However despite their size they have won reletively little in terms of trophies, especially when compared to rivals Hearts & clubs like Aberdeen. Overall they rank 6th in terms of trophies won.

Life has not always been peachy for the men from Leith, they have been relegated multiple times and hold one of the worst derby records in world football. The Edinburgh derby, which they contest with Hearts, has seen the Jambos chalk up 143 wins to Hibs 89 wins in 324 competitive matches. Overall in 632 games Hearts have won 280 whilst Hibs have won 201.

They do however boast two of the biggest derby results, winning 0-7 at Tynecastle on New Years day in 1973, and 6-2 at Easter Road in October 2000. However, recently the biggest victory belongs to Hearts after they won 5-1 in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final

The Scottish Cup, another hoodoo for Hibs. A competition they have not won since way back in 1902, a fact most teams, especially Hearts, take great pride in reminding them of. Hibs have had better success in the Scottish League Cup, winning it a total of 3 times with the last one being in 2007.

For a few years Hibs have been suffering from a decline, from a team that was scrapping it out for a European spot, they recently became a team fighting to stay in the top division, this all culminated when they were relegated to the Scottish Championship after losing 4-3 on penalties to Hamilton Academical in the relegation/promotion playoff. The game itself ended 2-2, however Hibs did hold a 2-0 lead from the first leg.

And now it's time for them to rebuild and claw their way back to the Scottish Premiership, can they do it? And if so, can they go further?

Sir Tom Farmer

View attachment 292498

Kwik-Fit founder Farmer took control of Hibs in the early 1990s after the then-financially struggling Hibs were under threat of a takeover from Wallace Mercer, who was the owner of Hearts at the time. Despite this Farmer has admitted he's not a football fan and is rarely seen at Easter Road on match day. He handed over control of Hibs to our next important person

Rod Petrie

View attachment 292496

After multiple roles within the boardroom Petrie was appointed Hibs Chairman in December 2004. Since then he has not had the best of relationships with the fans. After the clubs relegation to the Scottish Championship many called for Petrie to step down. However he remains on as Hibs chairman, however like Farmer he has handed over day-to-day running of the club to our next person

Leeann Dempster

_75011819_leeann_dempster.jpg

Leeann was recruited by Hibernian in April 2014 from Motherwell, however she would not take over until after the end of the 2013/14 season, during which the club was relegated. Now she faces the challenge of appointing a new manager and getting the club back on it's feet.

Easter Road

View attachment 292493

Built: 1893
Capacity: 20,421
Record Attendance: 65,860. Set in a game against Hearts on 2 January 1950

Hibernian Training Centre

HibsTrainingCentreI.jpg

As well as an impressive stadium, Hibs also boast a state-of-the-art training facility. According to some it rivals that of the training facilities of clubs like Everton & Fulham.

Major Achievements

19926416.jpg

Scottish League (Highest tier)
: 1902/03, 1947/48, 1950/51 & 1951/52

Scottish Cup: 1886/87 & 1901/02
Scottish League Cup: 1972/73, 1991/92 & 2006/07

Records

29186.2.jpg

Highest Attendance
: 65,860

Highest Attendance in a game involving Hibs: 143,570 vs Rangers on 27 March 1948 at Hampden Park

Biggest Win: 22-1 vs Black Watch Highlanders, 1881
Biggest League Victory: 11-1 vs Airdire, 1959 & vs Hamilton, 1965
Biggest Defeat: 0-10 vs Rangers, 1898

Most Capped Player: Lawrie Reilly, 38 Scotland Caps
Most League Appearances: Arthur Duncan, 446
Most Goals Scored: Lawrie Reilly, 234
Most Goals in a season: Joe Baker, 46 in 1959/60

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £700,000 for Ulises de la Cruz from LDU Quito in 2001
Highest Transfer Fee Received: £4,400,000 for Scott Brown from Celtic in 2007

Squad & Staff

Goalkeepers

View attachment 292239View attachment 292238
1. Mark Oxley
(On loan from Hull City)
30. Tomáš Černý

Defenders

View attachment 292227View attachment 292226View attachment 292225
2. David Gray18. Keith Watson
(On loan from Dundee United)
5. Liam Fontaine
View attachment 292224View attachment 292223View attachment 292222
4. Paul Hanlon6. Jordon Forster16. Lewis Stevenson

Midfielders

View attachment 292221View attachment 292220View attachment 292219
10. Liam Craig8. Scott Robertson23. Dylan McGeouch
(On loan from Celtic)
View attachment 292218View attachment 292217View attachment 292216
20. Scott Allan11. Sam Stanton22. Fraser Fyvie

Attackers

View attachment 292246View attachment 292244View attachment 292243
29. Franck Dja Djédjé24. Dominique Malonga9. Farid El Alagui
View attachment 292242View attachment 292241View attachment 292240
17. Martin Boyle
(On loan from Dundee)
19. Danny Handling35. Jason Cummings

Youth

View attachment 292237View attachment 292236View attachment 292235
31. Kleton Perntreou41. Sean Brennan32. Aaron Dunsmore
View attachment 292234View attachment 292234View attachment 292233
37. Neil Martyniuk44. Jordan McGregor33. Callum Crane
View attachment 292232View attachment 292234View attachment 292231
40. Aaron Scott34. Jordan Sinclair39. Scott Martin
View attachment 292230View attachment 292229View attachment 292228
27. Lewis Allan43. Taylor Hendry​45. Conner Duthie

Players Out On Loan

View attachment 292215View attachment 292214
Callum Booth
(On loan at Partick Thistle)
Alex Harris
(On loan at Dundee)

Staff

View attachment 292212View attachment 292210View attachment 292209
Graeme Mathie
Director of Football
Andy Holden
Assistant Manager
21. Alan Combe
Player/Goalkeeper Coach
View attachment 291848View attachment 292207View attachment 292204
John Doolan
First Team Coach
John Porteous
Head Physio
Paul Green
Fitness Coach

Youth Staff & Scouts

View attachment 292201View attachment 292200View attachment 292199View attachment 292234
Eddie May
Head of Youth Development
Joe McBride
Under 20s/Development Squad Manager
Kitty Mackinnon
Under 20s Physio
Martin Christie
Scout

Last edited:
Evening-News-logo2.jpg

Hibs Announce New Manager

In can what only be described as a surprise appointment, Hibernian have named unknown manager David Innes as their new manager.

He takes charge of Hibernian following the sacking of Terry Butcher following Hibs' relegation to the Scottish Championship.

When asked why David fended off competition such as Alan Stubbs and Billy Reid, Hibs Chief Executive Leeann Dempster responded that it was David's passion for the club that saw him as her ideal candidate

hqdefault.jpg

Dempster said: "We are is a state of rebuilding the club. Ideally we want someone who is as passionate about the club as the fans are. Yes we had interest from the likes of Alan Stubbs and Billy Reid, and whilst their experience should have given them an advantage, we were particularly after someone we know would reject offers from other clubs to stay here. David is an extremely driven individual, like all Hibs fans he was highly upset over Hibs' relegation.
However, rather than protest and demand that our owner and chairman step down, David decided to take matters into his own hands and throw his name in for the managers job. David has his coaching badges and has managed a few amateur sides in Aberdeenshire."

"Not only is he highly driven, he shares our ideas at developing the youth at this club and during his courses to earn his coaching badges he was highly praised for his work in the youth sector."

Innes later attended a press conference at Hibernian's training ground

press_conference.jpg

"Do you feel that your ambitions are matched by the chairman?" - John Purewal, MirrorFootball.co.uk

DI - "I can hardly say at this point as I am only a day into the job. Plus Leeann has been given day-to-day running of the club. So if by chairman you mean her, then yes I feel she fully has the clubs best interests at heart. If you aren't meaning her then I suggest you ask that question at a later date when I have had a chance to sit down and speak with Rod"

"Do you feel the expectations asked of you this season have been fair and realistic?" - Colin Milne, BBC Radio 5 Live

DI - "I do yes, obviously we are going to be aiming high this season. No offence to the other clubs in this division but a club the size of this should not be in this division to begin with, and since we find ourselves here we need to immediately aim high and target promotion"

"Hibs have been on a general downward curve for a while now. Can you get things moving in the right direction?" - Colin Milne, BBC Radio 5 Live

DI - "I am but one man. If this club is to turn itself around then we will need everyone to constribute. If we are able to turn it around and win promotion I'll be happy knowing that I was part of the set up that accomplished it"

"While some managers are famous for their hands-on approach, others maintain a more reserved manner with their players. How do you see your management style?" - John Boyd, Sky Sports News

DI - "My door will always be open for my players to talk to me about concerns or let me know if there are issues or if they are unhappy at anything"

"Last season was without a doubt one that Hibs fans will want to forget. Do you think you'll be able to guide Hibs back to the Scottish Premiership first time of asking?" - Kris Baird, sportinglife.com

DI - "A high percentage of the squad would fit in to most Premiership teams. I believe that we can do it first time, as long as everyone plays their part"

"You taken charge when it's highly expected that Paul Hanlon will leave the club, with Hamilton, Partick Thistle, St. Johnstone & St. Mirren all voicing interest. Will he be going or stayin?" John Purewal, MirrorFootball.co.uk

DI - "Paul is a very important player for the club. I am hoping I can convince him to stay here"

"Although Leeann Dempster has already told us, can you tell us in your own words why you took the job?" Miguel Lopez, ESPNFC.com

DI - "I don't think there's much I can add to Leeann's statement. I was sick of the way the club was going and was determined to do more than most would do and moan until the cows came home. I threw my hat in and thankfully Leeann picked it up. One thing that was a major attraction was the chance to develop youngsters into possible stars. We have without doubt one of the best youth setups and facilities in the country, so why not make full use of them?"

"Even though the situation which saw you appointed is not ideal, as a big fan of the club, surely being named manager must be a dream come true for you?" - Billy Smith, The Edinburgh Evening News

DI - "I'm not going to lie, the feeling is incredible. Yes the situation is not ideal, but that only gives me even more drive to succeed"

"Will you be setting your targets mainly on the league or will you look to the cups more?" - Mark McArthur, The Blizzard

DI - "My main focus will be the League and promotion, that's what the fans and the players want. Any good cup run or win, touch wood, will be an added bonus"

"Final question David, with the transfer window being open and agents having eyes and ears everywhere, is there a particular area of the squad you're looking to strengthen or improve?"

DI - "Although I'd prefer to wait till after having fully evaluated the squad to answer, I do feel we are short of midfielders, especially on the wings. I will be also looking to strengthen the back"

Apologies if this post was lacklustre and the press conference not good, not used to doing it in this style

Liking where this is going, keep going on this, I'm gonna start my own manager story soon :)

PRE-SEASON

FIXTURES

View attachment 291457

Run out for all the lads. Completely changed the team and formation at half time.

View attachment 291456

I'll come clean and admit I'd set the assistant manager responsibility to take control of friendly matches. Came back to this result and nearly jumped for joy... until I looked at the Man Utd team and it was totally comprised of their Under 18 players

View attachment 291455

If we can do this against a Scottish Premiership team we should stroll this league

View attachment 291454

And then they give a disappointing score like this. Given it's pre-season but I still expect more

View attachment 291453

Happy with the amount of goals scored, not happy with the amount conceded

View attachment 291452
Not bad since in-game Motherwell (this game anyway) do much better than their real-life counterparts

View attachment 291451

Well this was kind of expected to be fair

View attachment 291450

Okay, this one was good considering Arsenal fielded a pretty much full strength team

View attachment 291449

Normal service resumed eh?

View attachment 291448

First official game in charge. Was close to going 2-1 down after the ref gave them a second penalty but thankfully they missed. After that we just dominated.

View attachment 291446

.... Let's move on shall we?

View attachment 291445

And to finish off pre-season a good win against a local side

TRANSFERS

IN

Three players in over the pre-season

View attachment 291444

Esteban Lopez

Brought in to provide cover for Boyle and to hopefully develop and get me some money. We beat off quite a few SkyBet Championship sides for him as well

View attachment 291443

Tyias Browning

Good young centre-back with bags of potential

View attachment 291441

Liam ****

With Lewis Stevenson providing cover for Djedje as well as being my strongest LB, **** brought in for cover whilst I'll develop Callum Crane hopefully

OUT

None

Top Scottish Transfers

View attachment 291439 View attachment 291438
Top Transfers

View attachment 291437 View attachment 291436

Staff Changes

IN

View attachment 291434
Arthur Albiston - Defense Coach
View attachment 291432

George Rooney - Chief Scout