Hicks set to fight Liverpool sale

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K
I'm starting to like Broughton more and more. Come on Martin, bring it home please.

Also on a side note. I was at the rally before the game on Sunday and there was a flag with Purslow with a **** on it. Anyone know why this was?

I'd think it was simply because at the time, it looked like any possible take-over was not found <):D

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has blasted Liverpool FC and its players for putting all the blame of the club’s woes on the current American owners Tom Hicks and George Gilett, asking “what the two Americans have done that is so wrong?”, rather than making sure their own performances on the pitch warranted the money paid out to them.

From breakingfootballnews.com

Also, there's a clause in Hodgson's contract saying if there is a takeover, we can rid of him for free (A)

ouch i read today they will lose 144mill if the sale goes ahead no wonder there trying to stop it!

Wasn't Broughton appointed by Hicks and Gillett?

Fair play to the board, must have balls I hope the board wins this case.

this is an absolute shocker for the chairman and the fans. surely hicks + gillett don't want to lose more money?

Him, gillett and the glazers all need to f*** off back to america but somehow i don't see that happening anytime soon.

We could well see Liverpool going the Leeds way if Hicks and Gillete stay

You think they would have got the message by now.

Broughton- Sir, we have just accepted an offer some the owner of a successful NBA club
Hicks-(jumps up from his money bath) what!? that is preposterous. Reject it immiediately.

Yes that is how I see it

Its pretty funny that its a long life Chelsea fan trying to get Liverpool out of ****. Hicks must believe he has a chance in court surely.

At least he understands his responsability to the fans and his position of responsability in the club.

At least he understands his responsability to the fans and his position of responsability in the club.

What?! If he understood a thing he'd never step foot in Liverpool again for his own safety let alone try and regain control of the club. What a complete ****.

Its pretty funny that its a long life Chelsea fan trying to get Liverpool out of ****. Hicks must believe he has a chance in court surely.
he hasnt but he's out of options really

What?! If he understood a thing he'd never step foot in Liverpool again for his own safety let alone try and regain control of the club. What a complete ****.

I should add my comment was about Broughton sticking up for the position of the fans and the club, not that Hicks is in any way following what the fans want.

Why wont he just **** off , I realise he is losing money but never likes him FFS

Even if Hicks wins the case, which I don't think he will, didn't the RBS have the power to kick the disastrous duo out by calling in their debt, and can afterwards sell the club to whoever they want? Wouldn't that have relatively the same outcome, only with a different method? So why's he wasting time and money with the court?

He's not trying to be Mr Popular, and he will obviously know he's not. He's a businessman, (although a pretty **** one at that) and all he cares about is not losing any money from this disaster.

I know he is not trying to be popular but y do u want to stay somewhere where u are not liked

A RED army is set to flock to London for what is being billed as the most important days in Liverpool FC history.

D-Day is expected next week when hundreds of supporters will descend on the High Court for the club’s critical ownership battle.

Liverpool are currently preparing a heavyweight legal case with solicitors Slaughter and May as they seek a declaratory judgement to formally seal the £300m Reds sale to New England Sports Ventures (NESV), owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

If Tom Hicks and George Gillett decide to attend the Royal Courts of Justice in person to oppose the move, the Americans have been promised a warm reception.

Liverpool fan groups said many of them were planning to line the streets of the Strand in the capital.

Today, James McKenna, spokesman for Spirit of Shankly, said there had already been interest among supporters in heading to London.

He told the ECHO: "People have started talking about heading down to London, particularly if Hicks and Gillett will be there. I do know supporters have been discussing making their presence known.

"There’s only one door in and one door out of the court, so it’s a good opportunity to make our feelings known."

Further scrutiny of New England Sports Ventures reveals they have made assurances no money will ever be taken from Liverpool FC and used to invest in the sports investment company back in Boston.

Lets hope Hicks has to face the Liverpool fans, horrible Yank *******.

Also, there's a clause in Hodgson's contract saying if there is a takeover, we can rid of him for free (A)

Surely not - RH would have had to be a prize tool to agree to that !

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Lets hope Hicks has to face the Liverpool fans, horrible Yank *******.

That being the case, there WILL be blood.

I dont know if its funny or sad at the same time, but, if this would happen in South America, lets say Argentina, Brazil or Colombia, these guys would have fled the country long time ago. Nuff said.

Back