when i get home i will post a screenie of veratti on my current season in 2018 and u will see...

Spell it right like Drizzt has above and we will have a chance of finding him. "Marco Verratti"

Going to keep an eye on him though and looking forward to your future screenshot.

Steven Defour is still quality in Fm10. The problem with Axel Witsel and Defour (for me) in FM10 is that they are to expensive. When managing Arsenal I have a policy of not paying more than 10mil pounds for a player. I rather look for good youngsters (Arsene Wenger style) that I can turn into great players. Hidden Gems you know. Real Hidden Gems, what this thread is all about. Therefore I always buy Tinga from Ponte Preta (2.3mil) and Mats Rits from Germinal Beerschot (700k). No comments on my lovely Arsenal skin please.

You can get Defour for less than £10m mate. A percentage of next sale clause always helps

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

there ya go tell me what you think??:D
View attachment 26526

He looks a good player mate, wouldve been easier if u used that screenshot in the 1st place lol <)

You can get Defour for less than £10m mate. A percentage of next sale clause always helps

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

I'll still not pay that amount of money for Defour. And why would buy a player with a next sale clause as I must then share money to Standard that could have gone all to my club. I am too much of scrouge for that. I always have a very close eye on the clubs finances: never pay high transfer sums, never pay high wages (unless your surname is fabregas etc) and no sale clauses. This is just some of the policies that follow when playing with Arsenal, and I still come out tops every season. Filling a club with World Class players to get instant results is so over-rated.

Oh just thought of another hidden gem: Eyal Golasa from M.Haifa. Similar stats to that of Sergey Krivets but at 500k much cheaper.

Just started a new game and i'm gonna snap up as many 16 -17 yr olds as possible and train them up. I've just tried to sign Marco Verratti but he wants £74K A WEEK, this cannot be right, is it?

kinda gettin off the subject here but i need a bit of help lol

when i open my FM now i get a message on screen sayin something like 'not well-formed xml' and i couldnt load my saved game either.

i've no idea how to fix this, any ideas any1?

Filling a club with World Class players to get instant results is so over-rated.

Signing 1 of the brightest young talents in europe for £10m is hardly filling a club with 'world class' players to get instant results.
You could probably sell Fabregas for double that fee and pay Defour less than half his wages (I pay him 18k a week), maybe you should bear that in mind if you always have an eye on your clubs finances?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard of or seen this kid think he must start off at Chelsea but I have never seen/heard of him until this save when he tore it up in Quarter Finals of Champs league against Juventus he looks amazing

View attachment 107266

Any good players on small database comment on the thread please

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Has anyone ever heard of or seen this kid think he must start off at Chelsea but I have never seen/heard of him until this save when he tore it up in Quarter Finals of Champs league against Juventus he looks amazing

View attachment 107266

He starts off at lens and signed for Liverpool on mine

Right guys, I've been reading about everyones 'hidden gems' on here for a while now and personally I've found that some of the names mentioned either arent THAT good, or others (Witsel for example) just cost too much (Standard were asking for £17.5m when I bid for him).
So after hours of searching I've decided to put on a list of my own so called wonderkids, I will put transfer fees where I can remember them but most of them cost less than £10m so here goes....

GK - ALPHONSE AREOLA - Plays for PSG and you can sign him by simply offering him a contract as he is only 16yrs old. Got great reports from my 20/20 scout, backed up by bids from both Man Utd and Liverpool.

DC - GERSON - Plays for Gremio and again can be offered a contract due to his age, however you wont get him straight away due to Brazilian rules on young players. Also recieved good reports from scouts. Usually joins on 1.1.2011

DL - JEREMY HELAN - Plays for Man City, available on loan at 1st but I signed him for £350k, not quite ready to go straight into the 1st team but has plenty of potential.

DL - VASCO REGINI - Plays for Sampdoria, recommended to me by a scout and has been pretty solid in my Hearts team when called upon. Can be signed for around £1.7m

DC - NICOLAS OTAMENDI - Plays for Velez, he is labelled the new Milito and is probably the only 1 of my defenders who can instantly step into the 1st team, even chips in with a few goals from corners aswell. Paired with Sol Campbell in the heart of my defence, my Hearts team conceded the least goals in the league during my 1st season.

DM/MC - STEVEN DEFOUR - We all know this 1. Plays for Standard and I got him for £9.75m plus 20% of next sale clause. Nothing I can say about him really, check his stats and you'll see why he's a must buy.

DM/MC - SANDRO - Another most of us will have heard of. Plays for Internacional and was signed for £10m plus 20% of next sale clause. Not quite as good a midfielder as Defour but is probably more effective in the DM role I use in my 4-4-2 diamond.

AM - JANO ANANIDZE - Plays for Spartak Moscow. Recommended by scouts and seems to have a lot of potential. Can be offered a contract due to his age but you wont get him straight away due to Russian League rules on young players. Usually joins your club on 1.1.2011

AM - EDUARDO SALVIO - Plays for Lanus. Can be signed for between £3m-£5m. Good playing through the middle but even better on the right wing. A great signing.

AM - DIEGO BUONANOTTE - Plays for River Plate. A good attacking mid and very useful on the left wing. Sign him early in the 1st season as River will ask for around £12m if you leave it too late.

AM - SOFIANE FEGHOULI - Plays for Grenoble Foot 38. A talented right winger available for around the £6m mark. A very good signing but quickly becomes unhappy if he's not in the team.

AM - ALAN DZAGOEV - Plays for CSKA Moscow. My record signing at £11m. Brilliant playing in the AM role on my 4-4-2 diamond, scores a lot of goals and is more that worth the transfer fee.

AM - CLEMENT GRENIER - Plays for Lyon. A good attacking mid and right winger but can perhaps benefit from being out on loan to get some experience before going straight into your team.

AM - SERGEY KRIVETS - Plays for BATE. Absolute bargain, available for under £1m and can play through the middle or on either flank. Sign him early or you'll miss out.

AM/FC - DIEGO SUAREZ - Plays for Dinamo Kiev. Can be offered a contract due to his age and like the others wont be able to join until 1.1.2011 but could be worth the wait if scouting reports are anything to go by.

AM/FC - ALEX TEIXEIRA - Plays for Vasco. I signed him but left him at his club until the end of the Scottish season. Scout reports looked good and so far in my 2nd season he's looked a good buy.

FC - ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI - Plays for Lech. Signed for £1.8m and worth every penny. Now plays up front in my team alongside Liedson after injury to Ebi Smolarek and has been an absolute goal machine. 12 goals in 9 starts so far in my 2nd season.

FC - KHOUMA BABACAR - Plays for Fiorentina. Is 16/17 years old and will cost aroung £6m but has scored a lot of goals for my reserve team and been reliable when put into the 1st team. Barcelona and Real Madrid have made bids of £7m and £8m so that tells you of the potential he has.

FC - ROMELU LUKAKU - Plays for Anderlecht. Is also on the young side and should cost around £2m-£3m. Another who has impressed in the reserves and has also attracted interest from Real Madrid.

Well thats my list of 'wonderkids' complete. I'd be very interested in seeing how they get on should you sign them. Cheers

is this for fm09 or fm10