Reaction score
hoping for some help guys im playing a 4231 2dm and basically i want my striker and 3am to press high up the pitch and hound down the opposistion defence barca dortmund style but i want 2 keep my 2 dm and cb in shape zonal marking whats the best way to achieve this as i seem to get an all out press and get killed by long balls over the top or my forwards just dont seem to press enough thanks guys

I think you should use individual player instructions. Maybe you even shouldn’t use any team instructions connected with pressing and do it all by player instructions. Simply make sure that all your attacking players have “close down more” or even “close down much more” active in their individual instructions and your DMs and CBs at least don’t have any instructions about closing down or have “close down less” or “close down much less”.
However, attacking players in FM 2015 usually don’t want to do too much pressing so it is possible that this tactics won’t work out exactly the way you want but it should at least work better than now.
Sorry if my English is not good.

I think you should use individual player instructions. Maybe you even shouldn’t use any team instructions connected with pressing and do it all by player instructions. Simply make sure that all your attacking players have “close down more” or even “close down much more” active in their individual instructions and your DMs and CBs at least don’t have any instructions about closing down or have “close down less” or “close down much less”.
However, attacking players in FM 2015 usually don’t want to do too much pressing so it is possible that this tactics won’t work out exactly the way you want but it should at least work better than now.
Sorry if my English is not good.

thanks ill try that had team instructions as stay on feet and close down less but had aggresive player instructions for the forwards looking at trying to bring in hard working players for those posistions thank u

That depends on several issues, an IF is not supposed to track back the opponent, it's just how the game is. Either you change his duty to support and use fluid team shapes (in order for him to do more that he's supposed to, like defend) or you drop him to the midfield position, but then he can't be a IF. Also don't forget that Pressing and Zonal Marking are different things.

yer think my main problem was the player roles as i had 3am packed tight (3AMC) but had like a treq and an engache n a shadow striiker going to change them wot roles will press n track back best playing very fluid team shape to try n help
thanks been good help

I had the same problems with Liverpool, players pushed up, and I conceded way too many goals from counter attacks. I play with 4-5-1 formation, so I can not give you exact advice regarding your tactics, but:
1. Push higher up with control tactics seems to work good, it still remains pretty attacking oriented and your players don't push up as crazy lunatics.
2. You have to set up player instructions, because IF and winger won't track players ( winger maybe sometimes), but you can still give them instructions to mark tighter and that seems to work for me, when i play on control.
3. Hold position for the 2 DM's maybe? Try it out. Or atleast for one. If you play with ball winner give it to him. He will be used as a life saver i guess. Hope this helped.