manesclarence

Reaction score
[Tactical Philosophy]
I am a big fun of The bielsista fluidity which Jonathan Wilson mentioned in his tactical article like tow years ago. Actually this stream of tactic philosophy never be ignored in the history of football evolution. From Rinus Michels to Johan Cruyff, to Marcelo Bielsa, to Pep Guardiola, to Jorge Sampaoli, this tactical philosophy have been always like a shinning star in the middle of the stage.

There are a few factors which make those coaches obsessed with:
1 - Very high pressure attacking always bring the opponent a feeling of suffocation, along with lots of scores when thing going smoothly

2 - Keep the ball far far aways from our defensive line, the opponent need to travel a long distance to begin a counter

3 - Hold possession with passing and roaming, the opponent never find a easy way to even touch the ball

My inspiration came from the time Mario Mandzukic had been set a standard by playing as a disruptive attacking midfielder, sticking himself to Andrea Pirlo and preventing him from orchestrating from deep. They call him Suffoco. My idea is that behind the single forward which is a False 9, we set up a complete defensive line with one Suffoco in the middle and two Defensive Winger in the sides. The main purpose of doing this is to bring very high pressure to the opponent's defensive line, limit their movements and passing, and cut off the connection between their players. Unlike the attacking players doing their defensive job, defensive players roaming around the opponent's area could have better result. And good defensive job on such a high position will provide a very good high pressure situation.

Behind the first defensive line, their are tow B2B players behind, providing water carrying jobs on both offensive and defensive sides. When opportunity comes, they could attack from far into the area and score or delivering very good direct pass. When the opponent start a counter, they will go back at the first time to set up the defensive line with the DMC behind.

The position for the single DMC between the center defender and the middle-filed players is very tricky. When the opponent is stronger than your side with a good False 10 or attacking middle field or shadow striker, you could make the DMC with heavier defensive responsibility, set him as a Anchor man or Ball winning man. If you have better situation on the opponent's field, set him as a deep lying play maker or Rigista, he could organize the attacking through passing very comfortably as he is far aways from opponents players.

Defenders press higher close to the middle field, some of the times they are playing like a middle field players, providing passings to make the attacking goes smooth. When the opponent start attacking, they need to hold position and press the attacking player with tight marking, buying teammates time to coming back.

[Results]
I tested with a fresh new start, controlling Lazio in Serie A, the result stopped before the winter break. 2nd Position with such a middle level team could consider as a good result for me.
View attachment 459202

Anyway, the team need at list some times to be familiar with the tactic, the result will getting better and better.

[Player Selection]
View attachment 459201

The best attributes selection for all the team members are: work rate, positioning, off the ball, passing, anticipation and decision
Goalkeeper: Rushing out, positioning, handing, one on ones, acceleration
Defenders: heading, tackling, marking, positioning, anticipation, passing
DMC: positioning, passing, tackling, stamina, anticipation, first touch
Middle field: just typical B2B players will be good. Long shot will be a very good choice, finishing and composure even better
Defensive winger: acceleration, pace, passing, positioning, off the ball, dribbling, tackling, anticipation
SS(Suffoco): passing, positioning, off the ball, anticipation, team work, work rate, tackling, first touch. Long shot will be a very good choice, finishing and composure even better, dribbling and high creative will be the best
False 9: find another messi or player similar to him

Player Recommendation:
Goalkeeper: Handanovic
Defenders: Kurt Zouma
DMC: Yaya Toure
Middle Fields: Marchisio, Cabaye, Witsel
Defensive Winger: Alex Sandro, Danilo, Ayew
SS: Wilshere
F9: Messi or player similar to him

[Training]
View attachment 459200

Focus on Team Work and Att. Movements.

[Opposition Instruction]
Closing Down: check the key pass of the team, always closing down to the key players, and their side players
Tackling: hard tackling on key players
Tight marking: Fowards no matter how many they have, key player as well
Show on to foot: do it unless the opponent good at both

[Tactical Files for FM2014]
View attachment 459198
Thanks guys, please enjoy the game and any questions just come to me anytime.
Best wishes.

I'm going to try this mate! Looks interesting :)